Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here played The Outer Worlds on PS5?

I want to grab a deal on The Outer Worlds PS4 version, but the thing is, I want to play it on PS5. Has anyone here by any chance had a chance to try playing The Outer Worlds on PS5, and if so, how did it work out for you? Looking for experiences, not the generic “most games will run on PS5,” which I already know. Thanks!

On 11/24/2020 at 12:52 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure. Maybe you should look it up on YouTube although I've yet to see anything about it.

A couple people on Reddit said it works. I did end up doing this today though (using YouTube) for a few other games; it is a good suggestion. I just bought like 5 PS4 games hoping they will run okay on PS5.

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

A couple people on Reddit said it works. I did end up doing this today though (using YouTube) for a few other games; it is a good suggestion. I just bought like 5 PS4 games hoping they will run okay on PS5.

I think there are lists out there to check if your game is backwards compatible...

Just now, killamch89 said:

I think there are lists out there to check if your game is backwards compatible...

There's a list of games that are not backwards compatible maintained by Sony, but last I checked, it is already missing items. According to them, "99%" of games are backwards compatible on PS5, so I don't think they're likely to bother with a complete list anytime soon.

Regardless, at least TLOU II should run fine, and hopefully the others too 🙂

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

There's a list of games that are not backwards compatible maintained by Sony, but last I checked, it is already missing items. According to them, "99%" of games are backwards compatible on PS5, so I don't think they're likely to bother with a complete list anytime soon.

Regardless, at least TLOU II should run fine, and hopefully the others too 🙂

I'd double check all the Konami games as they purposely stopped Sony from making a few of their titles backwards compatible to further milk their consumers. EA wouldn't dare try it as they're already feeling the heat from plenty of entities.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd double check all the Konami games as they purposely stopped Sony from making a few of their titles backwards compatible to further milk their consumers. EA wouldn't dare try it as they're already feeling the heat from plenty of entities.

A whole bunch of Ubisoft games aren't compatible. But last I checked, sony still didn't have them on the list.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:28 AM, StaceyPowers said:

A whole bunch of Ubisoft games aren't compatible. But last I checked, sony still didn't have them on the list.

As I said, the greedy triple A companies won't make their most popular titles backwards compatible because they want to re-release these games and milk their consumers. We should expect the very worst when it comes to their practices...