Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does listening to someone else game keep you up at night or help you sleep?

I am very lucky in that my partner seems to actually fall asleep better at night while listening to me game. But I can say that if someone is gaming while I am trying to sleep and I can hear them, it keeps me awake, because I’m following along with what they’re doing. If someone else in your household games while you are falling asleep, how do you feel about the noise?

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm a very light sleeper. I mean, ANY kind of noise keeps me awake and on my guard(I grew up in a rough neighborhood so that's how I developed the habit). 

I can see how that'd make you hyper vigilant. Your nervous system is trained to be on alert for danger.

I don't have anyone else that games in my household but myself.  And that being side I only game till 10 pm on most nights and that's my max time. I do not a game or do anything else but turn the PC off for the night.  Even that I'm on the third floor. It's always been like that for me anyway, and when I end it at 10 pm, able to get 3 to 4 hours in. Even longer if I start early. 

I think a while back I would be on the other end of it! I was the one probably keeping people awake with my gaming! Even if you mute the game, your reactions to it can still be loud and if you are in the same room as the person sleeping, then you have the bright screen to worry about. 

I think the best thing you can do is make sure you are in another room, and play a game that perhaps does not make you angry or shout, so that you do not wake up anyone in your house.

13 minutes ago, 22_22 said:

I think a while back I would be on the other end of it! I was the one probably keeping people awake with my gaming! Even if you mute the game, your reactions to it can still be loud and if you are in the same room as the person sleeping, then you have the bright screen to worry about. 

I think the best thing you can do is make sure you are in another room, and play a game that perhaps does not make you angry or shout, so that you do not wake up anyone in your house.

I remember waking up my parents when playing games like GTA San Andreas and Vice City. It's definitely wise to have something like a media room or in my case, a gaming room so that I can play my games without disturbing anyone who is staying at my place.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I like to sleep in the pitch dark, so a tv on usually bugs me. Sometimes it doesn't bug me, but that's when I have already slept for hours and my brain can block it out a bit easier. 

Meanwhile I have little lights on, Router, power screen in my room I See lights, even the street light comes into the room lol 

I know people who fall asleep to Let's Plays, but that was never me. As far as I'm concerned, if you're watching a Let's Play on YouTube or Twitch or something and you fall asleep to it, it can't have been too terribly interesting xD

Edited by staticradio725
apparently i can't spell