Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does listening to someone else game keep you up at night or help you sleep?

On 11/21/2020 at 11:45 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I am very lucky in that my partner seems to actually fall asleep better at night while listening to me game. But I can say that if someone is gaming while I am trying to sleep and I can hear them, it keeps me awake, because I’m following along with what they’re doing. If someone else in your household games while you are falling asleep, how do you feel about the noise?

There is always a headset in my house for gaming, so whenever I feel like not to hear the game sound, I would tell my friend to use the headphones so I have my peace. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:07 AM, Empire said:

Meanwhile I have little lights on, Router, power screen in my room I See lights, even the street light comes into the room lol 

Yeah I have a LED clock and a few small LED lights, but those don't bother me all that much. When I was working this one job that required me to wake up at 5am, I had to have my room pitch dark. I have black out curtains too, so that helps a ton. 

On 2/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, skyfire said:

These days I am making use of the Calm app. And when you have various sleep sounds, lectures and the sleep stories in it. You fall asleep without much thinking of the world around. 

Can't say I've heard of it, but I'm for sure going to check it out now. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:45 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don’t see how anyone can listen to another person game while going to sleep. That’s like scratching a chalk board. I’ll be almost asleep, hear the person die in game; then I’ll wake and say “ha ha” 

I think it depends on the person. I like having a fan on when I sleep, as I don't like it to be too quiet. There are times where I can sleep with someone gaming. But I would prefer it to be dark. 

In the past though, I've found that it can sometimes help me fall asleep. Even hearing someone snore or cough has helped me sleep. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:45 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don’t see how anyone can listen to another person game while going to sleep. That’s like scratching a chalk board. I’ll be almost asleep, hear the person die in game; then I’ll wake and say “ha ha” 

Depends on the individual really - some people can sleep through anything whereas people like me will wake up if I hear almost any unfamiliar sound no matter how low it is. 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I have a LED clock and a few small LED lights, but those don't bother me all that much. When I was working this one job that required me to wake up at 5am, I had to have my room pitch dark. I have black out curtains too, so that helps a ton. 

Same - Black out curtains are in my room to keep my room as dark as possible.