Register Now
killamch89

Rollable phones: better alternative to Foldable phones?

On 12/31/2020 at 8:22 AM, Peterlight said:

Not bad for an android phone but the only issue is it's kind of big and can only be used to play android games.

Not really. It can be shrunk and expanded depending on what you really want to do with it.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, Peterlight said:

Not bad for an android phone but the only issue is it's kind of big and can only be used to play android games.

You can't expect android to non android games. I mean what does that even mean?

On 1/6/2021 at 2:35 AM, skyfire said:

You can't expect android to non android games. I mean what does that even mean?

I am also quite confused to be honest. I must've replied to his comment when I was sleepy because I'm not sure why I wrote that original response.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I am also quite confused to be honest. I must've replied to his comment when I was sleepy because I'm not sure why I wrote that original response.

Yeah. Non android is like apple ecosystem and we all know it's extremely low in comparison to android store. I don't know what he meant there either. 

This looks like something that is going to be more of a problem than it's worth. How often do people run their finger along the side of their phone when using it without realizing it? Damn near every single time. So you could be talking to someone when your phone starts expanding, causing you to drop it, and WHOOPS, now you need to take it in and get a new one, because this one broke. Again.

This is as stupid an idea as I have ever seen.

22 hours ago, Empire said:

I remember seeing in some old StarTrek episode where they did used some rollable tablet/scanned which extended sideways and now it is coming reality. NICE!

I want one asap  😛 

I think star trek ones were flap or foldable one and not rollable. If you are rerferring to old star trek TV series or movies. 

New star trek I guess they made use of the paper displays and the light sensors ones. 

On 1/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, skyfire said:

I think star trek ones were flap or foldable one and not rollable. If you are rerferring to old star trek TV series or movies. 

New star trek I guess they made use of the paper displays and the light sensors ones. 

Even in the old series things has came true in a way 🙂 but year more to be in the new star trek films. 

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So we have a CES 2021 update about rollables thanks to LG. Check it out.

Interesting. I like it but things like how do you put a case on this new phone and a screen protector come to mind? Don't like that the fragile screen is exposed all the time. I do like the new ways of tech now days 🙂