Register Now
killamch89

Rollable phones: better alternative to Foldable phones?

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Interesting. I like it but things like how do you put a case on this new phone and a screen protector come to mind? Don't like that the fragile screen is exposed all the time. I do like the new ways of tech now days 🙂 

I had the same concerns as well. Hopefully they may develop some kind of flexible case that can contract and expand when needed.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Interesting. I like it but things like how do you put a case on this new phone and a screen protector come to mind? Don't like that the fragile screen is exposed all the time. I do like the new ways of tech now days 🙂 

I was just about to ask that same question. This is all very fascinating and I'm sure the boffins will come up with something in the future, I just think it'll take a few broken phones to figure out how and when.

13 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I was just about to ask that same question. This is all very fascinating and I'm sure the boffins will come up with something in the future, I just think it'll take a few broken phones to figure out how and when.

It's mostly down to the third parties that designs in cases and they really have to do allot of designing and working out. I think there will be something out there but won't be that easy to start with.   

On 1/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, skyfire said:

I would blame apple for that. they have kind of made people think of removing features makes it minimalism and cool phone. I just don't agree with that so far. 

Apple is free to do what they want. The rest don't have any obligation to follow so I blame those companies for following Apple. I also blame the idiots that continue to just blindly buy Apple products because they're "loyal".

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Apple is free to do what they want. The rest don't have any obligation to follow so I blame those companies for following Apple. I also blame the idiots that continue to just blindly buy Apple products because they're "loyal".

yeah a lot of companies like xiaomi who followed suit on the charger fiasco are practically copying apple and shrinking android ecosystem. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, skyfire said:

yeah a lot of companies like xiaomi who followed suit on the charger fiasco are practically copying apple and shrinking android ecosystem. 

I agree that companies like Xiaomi and Samsung are cheapening the Android experience by copying Apple's every move and that's why I plan to stay clear of these companies unless they get their act together.