Register Now
killamch89

Apple Macbook Air Review

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Their new homegrown chip seems to be pretty much good. A lot of positive reviews coming out. It can pretty much match the gaming computers performance. Looking forward to their future builds. 

The thing is that developers are having somewhat of a challenge to get these new mac running their software. I wonder if more laptop manufacturers might go down this road as well and produce their own chips?

I think they are making walled garden like china did with their country. Apple with their own chip would completely destroy hackintosh and the OS hacking on other processors. It would take 4 more years to break the emulation. So developers who are loyal love the new processors but cross platform developers hate it. 

This was painful to watch! Linus looked like he was in pain the whole time and never smiled or acted anything like his normal behavior. If this product would’ve been from a different company I have a feeling he would’ve been a little more upbeat with a more typical high energy review.  But apple? never really a apple mac user. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

m1 is pretty good. You can use the Windows 10 on it using the parallels so it seems to be working out pretty fine from what I have noticed so far. 

In all of this, I'm just glad that everyone is abandoning Intel because their chips are too expensive and inefficient.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:12 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

I can't wait to see what Apple does for their future M1 Macbooks. It is amazing and I can't wait.

Yeah, their performance is what surprised me the most. I though it would take a few generations before they caught up to Intel but they're absolutely roasting them!

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In all of this, I'm just glad that everyone is abandoning Intel because their chips are too expensive and inefficient.

Another thing is that intel is purposefully keeping the chip prices of i7 and i9 so high that they want premium takers. and AMD beat them by making ryzen 7 beating the performance of those chips at better cost. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

Another thing is that intel is purposefully keeping the chip prices of i7 and i9 so high that they want premium takers. and AMD beat them by making ryzen 7 beating the performance of those chips at better cost. 

So true. AMD chips with similar performance to those Intel chips are a lot lower in price, more efficient and multitask far better.