Register Now
killamch89

Samsung is set to release a rollable phone next year

On 12/1/2020 at 2:20 AM, skyfire said:

Sliding, fold and the box based devices I hate them. Moto did a lot of those models. I hate such type of phones. 

I didn't have an issue with the sliding phones at all with keyboard underneath from Motorola. I do hate the folding phones though but I think they might be onto something with rollables.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:11 AM, skyfire said:

From the gaming context, those are like horror devices to handle and play at the same time. Such type of fancy phones are good for those who are into clout business. 

Well I had a few of those devices and I had no problems with them at all but I could never go back to them now. I've gotten way too used to the touchscreen...

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Those phones can have the touchscreen too but handling them is a pain. I am used to using single hand mode touchscreen. I can't imagine that flap and handling juggling. 

Let's take the LG Wing for example. A very innovative concept but ultimately the second screen serves no real purpose than their previous dual screen offerings. I agree with you that changing things just cause isn't really the way to go.

Yeah and another issue is from the gamers or the designer or artist perspective is that you have to manage phone more than your creativity or gaming experience. Think about playing PUBG or other games which require more attention instead of flap or rollable models which requires it's own attention. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and another issue is from the gamers or the designer or artist perspective is that you have to manage phone more than your creativity or gaming experience. Think about playing PUBG or other games which require more attention instead of flap or rollable models which requires it's own attention. 

Not just gamers are affected. The developers will have to run special versions of your favorite apps just to make them compatible with the new device. I do agree with you that gaming on these devices must be a nightmare too.

Well the battery test results of the latest iPhones are really disappointing, I think after the exclusion of charger they are now looking to sell extra capacity battery separately for more profit instead of innovation. Tech is crazy isn't it if you think about it but that high hype will dye later since tech improves and something else is new. 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

Well the battery test results of the latest iPhones are really disappointing, I think after the exclusion of charger they are now looking to sell extra capacity battery separately for more profit instead of innovation. Tech is crazy isn't it if you think about it but that high hype will dye later since tech improves and something else is new. 

I'm still waiting on the first graphene battery powered flagship because that technology is supposed to let phones last longer without dying as well as the amount of charge cycles a phone can undergo.

In all honesty, I think this might be even better than the folding phones we got. If I am seeing this right, it looks like they could easily protect the screen by putting a protective case over it. The only worry I could see after, is if you get dust inside that portion, but if they build it right, it should be fine. 

Either way, this sounds good, but how will it perform compared to other devices? At this point, I feel like companies are just trying new gimmicks with the hope of breaking new ground or something. 

Edited by Kane99