Register Now
killamch89

Apple's A14 chip vs Snapdragon 865+ - An interesting comparison

Moderator Edit: Merged these two threads together as we we don't need them both as separate topics discussing comparisons between the same two things. 

For the first time in 4-5 years, the new Exynos chipset may beat the Snapdragon in terms of performance. How do you feel about this revelation?

Edited by Shagger

A14’s performance or efficiency as of yet isn’t known to us until more texting are there for us to see, however it will gain advantages in both performance, and efficiency over the A13 which was ahead of SD865+, due to 5nm process vs 7nm process. But I say that A14 bionic is a clear winner against 865+

On 11/30/2020 at 7:17 AM, Empire said:

A14’s performance or efficiency as of yet isn’t known to us until more texting are there for us to see, however it will gain advantages in both performance, and efficiency over the A13 which was ahead of SD865+, due to 5nm process vs 7nm process. But I say that A14 bionic is a clear winner against 865+

I agree but to be fair, the Snapdragon 888 chip will blow them both out of the water. In addition to that, The new Exynos chip also rivals the 888 chip (at least according to unofficial benchmarks) so it's going to be an interesting year. Both chips will be 5nm btw...

On 12/7/2020 at 2:58 AM, killamch89 said:

I agree but to be fair, the Snapdragon 888 chip will blow them both out of the water. In addition to that, The new Exynos chip also rivals the 888 chip (at least according to unofficial benchmarks) so it's going to be an interesting year. Both chips will be 5nm btw...

We will see the outcome. Until I see the real deal results from there testing then it be a dead on dead hype. No doubt the Snapdragon 888 is a very energy efficient part but is Qualcomm banking the efficiency gains in the form of power savings or expending the gains by raising performance? It is very clearly the latter. You don't get 25% - 35% performance gains all around the place in addition to power savings. It is one or the other, not both. Indeed, based on the information that Qualcomm has issued power requirements for the SD888 will probably tick up just a bit from the relatively frugal appetite of the SD865.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, skyfire said:

I think there are lot of tests are being done with A14 recently so the performance is a bit known and out there. It's just that tests for gaming are lot different and games are also not much there on iOS as of yet. 

Also, IOS is a bit more optimized than Android so it consumes less resources to run and that's why it's a bit more efficient.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:30 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah it runs one app at a time only unlike android which allows multi tasking apps on same screen. so the resources are  a bit issue. 

It's also due to the fact that Android has to cater to so many different manufacturers so different companies do their own version of optimization which may vary in quality. Some custom Android UIs use far more resources than others.

On 12/22/2020 at 2:22 PM, skyfire said:

Yes different manufacturers and harder to update scenario. So this type of stuff tend to end up things against the favor of the android. 

Unless every phone manufacturer built their phones to one specific configuration, then this issue will remain but then it'd essentially be like Apple - just boring. Personally, I love the personal touches of all the Android manufacturers on their devices. It means that Android will always come with something new...