Register Now
killamch89

The Best Reboots Of A Franchise

Talking about games that has robots in them? 

Well, I have mentioned this before, well I think I did on another thread that the game called XERA is a survival action-focused looter shooter multiplayer, open world, PvPvE survival, featuring a global gear stash accessible from any server. Where other players can kill and lot you and also you have robots that taken over the world that will attack you. Since it's season three game, I like it. 

On 12/2/2020 at 2:30 AM, skyfire said:

Not sure about franchise reboots but the remasters that "resident evil" has done recently. I am impressed with that. I also hope the silent hill some day gets such type of scary atmosphere and things get better reboot with new story. 

I also like the most recent remasters of the Resident Evil games.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:58 AM, Empire said:

Talking about games that has robots in them? 

Well, I have mentioned this before, well I think I did on another thread that the game called XERA is a survival action-focused looter shooter multiplayer, open world, PvPvE survival, featuring a global gear stash accessible from any server. Where other players can kill and lot you and also you have robots that taken over the world that will attack you. Since it's season three game, I like it. 

Reboots are basically games that the main story has been retconned/tweaked as well as the gameplay/graphics updated by the developers and re-released. This is usually done to appeal to a broader audience - usually younger gamers.

Favorite reboots:

Tomb Raider
XCOM

Least favorite reboots:

DeusEx - not that human revolution was a bad game, but deusex did not need a reboot, it needed a sequel.
Gran Turismo Sport - An insult to Gran Turismo fans everywhere, added upon the injury of not even releasing a proper gran turismo for PS4.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Favorite reboots:

Tomb Raider
XCOM

Least favorite reboots:

DeusEx - not that human revolution was a bad game, but deusex did not need a reboot, it needed a sequel.
Gran Turismo Sport - An insult to Gran Turismo fans everywhere, added upon the injury of not even releasing a proper gran turismo for PS4.

Human Revolution wasn't a reboot though. It was indeed the sequel and undebatably the best game in the series in terms of story and gameplay by many players including myself. 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Human Revolution wasn't a reboot though. It was indeed the sequel and undebatably the best game in the series in terms of story and gameplay by many players including myself. 

Undebatably? Talk about being cocky. It is the worst part in the series, and it's biggest failure is what you say exactly. That it wasn't meant to be a reboot yet for all intents and purposes it is one. It was supposed to be a prequel, yet the world feels much more modern than in DeusEx, and the state of the world resembles nothing of the original. It's an utter failure as a "sequel" as a reboot it can at least be judged, but it still fails at that, albeit not so miserably.  I have the entire laundry list here.

And while we are at it, the sequel prequel, wipes the floor with human revolution, it is a much better designed game, despite of being cut short.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:13 AM, killamch89 said:

Reboots are basically games that the main story has been retconned/tweaked as well as the gameplay/graphics updated by the developers and re-released. This is usually done to appeal to a broader audience - usually younger gamers.

Not really, have you looked into the game that I mention. You might like it. it's not meant for younger games, 16 years and older. You might like it. Not about killing robots. you have to attack other players also. 

On 12/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, Syntax said:

Remaster; 
FFX
Last of Us

Reboot;
Gran Turismo Sport (like really..)
Roller Coaster Tycoon

Personally, I'm very thrilled with Gran Turismo for what it brought to the racing game table. 

I have also seen God of War  remasters even though the game is awesome already, the remasters are very explosive too.