Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that grew on you?

I remember being rather lost in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion because shortly after Emperor Uriel Septim's assassination, I couldn't find the way out. I hadn't seen the alcove from where the assassin sprung, so I spent about three days waiting to talk to my mate who had first shown me the game so he could tell me what to do. After that I had a great time, if I barely understood the mechanics. I'll not forget my first character's name, a very non-RP "Lizarra".

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster took some getting used to, but I'm glad it became a bit more cohesive once the protagonist was out of the prologue and soon into the first act. I struggle to see why it's often considered one of the worst Final Fantasies, but given how hard it is to beat some of the older ones I can definitely see some grievances with it.

Tropico 4 is the most recent game that took time to grow on me as I couldn't quite wrap my head around all its mechanics and its liberal use of waiting times during a deficit. I completed it yesterday and will perhaps move onto the Modern Times DLC today, or I might pack it in all together.

Def Banished, at first I was not into it at all, and the more I played it the more I loved it. I thought it was silly at first, but the more I understood it the bigger I made my towns, and yeah in the end the hard difficulty got me hooked, even tho I sometimes now use mods to make it easier so I can create my dream town.