Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is No Man’s Sky a relaxing game?

It's hard to say really because majority of the game is just exploring and discovering new worlds and the creatures in it. What is their definition of relaxation in a game? Because No Man's Sky is a pretty laid-back game if I'm being honest(one of the main reasons I haven't attempted to play it. I mean, not killing things is boring).

If you play the game at your own pace and just take your time and learn then it can be relaxing. Just last year they added even more content, including total overhauls of base building, NPCs, amongst others. It’s so easy to just sit in your ship, land on planets, and just go for a good old explore. If you enable creative mode, you needn’t worry about crafting fuel or harvesting materials if it proves too stressful.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think it is far from relaxing. The reason being the game is more of exploratory game. And it does require motivation to explore. So you are less likely to relax with such game. I'd however consider it as more of churn based stress free game. 

From what I can remember, you can explore at your own pace though so that can make it relaxing.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

If you play the game at your own pace and just take your time and learn then it can be relaxing. Just last year they added even more content, including total overhauls of base building, NPCs, amongst others. It’s so easy to just sit in your ship, land on planets, and just go for a good old explore. If you enable creative mode, you needn’t worry about crafting fuel or harvesting materials if it proves too stressful.

Pretty valid points you got there - I can't lie. 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:09 AM, killamch89 said:

From what I can remember, you can explore at your own pace though so that can make it relaxing.

That is true but still it falls into exploratory open world type game and not necessarily "relaxing" game. 

I would say relaxing as long as you don't get onto worlds that have things that want to kill you every so often, or worlds that your suit is always in a danger setting. Otherwise it is just a ton of grinding for resources so you can even roam around before you get killed off. 

On 11/29/2020 at 10:30 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Been interested in getting No Man’s Sky for someone, but specifically he only wants games that are relaxing. Is this a relaxing game in offline mode?

Well, it can actually be relaxing for some while it's not to some as well. It's what happens with our individual differences to deal with things we associate with. For me, it's a relaxing and enjoyable game.