Register Now
Shagger

To PS5, or not to PS5...

I've said it on the forum that I was gonna wait to buy a PS5, but now my PS4 is seriously starting to limp. The jet noise has been getting progressively worse, the power on/off senor isn't working and now the disk drive has packed in. I don't know if I can cope with this this thing for much longer, so what do you think. Should I try and PS5 it before the end of the year (I know it's a nightmare atm finding one) , find a replacement PS4 to do for a bit longer or try and stick it out and live with this one on life support? 

The thing I definitely won't do is buy from a scalper, absolutely not. 

Edited by Shagger

It's literally impossible to find a next gen console, whether it be PS5 or Xbox Series X. The quest is beyond nightmarish. With that being said, I do think we'll see much more availability in early 2021. I think it's a personal decision and comes down to the cost of a PS4 replacement. 

3 hours ago, DC said:

It's literally impossible to find a next gen console, whether it be PS5 or Xbox Series X. The quest is beyond nightmarish. With that being said, I do think we'll see much more availability in early 2021. I think it's a personal decision and comes down to the cost of a PS4 replacement. 

Consoles and PC parts alike. I'm trying to get my hands on a 5000 series Ryzen CPU and a 6800 XT but none of them are in stock. @Shagger as DC says, it's probably best you wait until January-February 2021 when more stock will be available and suppliers can meet our demands.

I decided to by a replacement PS4. Found a very tidy Star Wars themed PS4 Pro at a local Cex store (For those who live outside the UK, its a national chain the operates like a pawn shop buying and selling electronics, phones, tables, computers, games, gaming hardware, DVD's, Bluray disks and so on). At £250 I think it's decent value and should hold me of until the time is right to move onto next gen. I should really lock this topic, but I think I'll leave it open for others to have there input and/or facing a similar situation. 

On 11/30/2020 at 2:30 PM, Shagger said:

I decided to by a replacement PS4. Found a very tidy Star Wars themed PS4 Pro at a local Cex store (For those who live outside the UK, its a national chain the operates like a pawn shop buying and selling electronics, phones, tables, computers, games, gaming hardware, DVD's, Bluray disks and so on). At £250 I think it's decent value and should hold me of until the time is right to move onto next gen. I should really lock this topic, but I think I'll leave it open for others to have there input and/or facing a similar situation. 

Well, that's a pretty wise choice because due to the scalpers, regular consumers like us will be lucky to even have a chance of getting on a PS5 within the next 6 months at the regular market price. By the way, is it brand new or used?

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well, that's a pretty wise choice because due to the scalpers, regular consumers like us will be lucky to even have a chance of getting on a PS5 within the next 6 months at the regular market price. By the way, is it brand new or used?

It's used. In good shape, though. 

I'm actually still very good with my Playstation 4 console. It's in very good working condition. It's a shame that you had to look for replacement sooner to cost you a bit more if you were going for PS5. 

But getting a PS4 Pro for £250 is a great bargain.