Register Now
Damon1

Is the Assassin's Creed movie worth watching?

Being a long time fan, I was sceptical about this series turning into a movie, because video game movies usually suck. Well, I couldn't go see it in theaters when it first released and after it was reviewed poorly by critics, and rated poorly by the public I kind of put it in the back of my mind, figuring I would get to it some day.

I'd forgotten about it, but It's available on Netflix now and I thought I'd give it a shot, but I was annoyed within the first few minutes by this...

Moderator Edit: User has been retroactively adding potentially dangerous shortened URL links into posts. These post will all be either edited or removed and the user banned.

If you know this movie, you know that right before this shot takes place, he has his finger removed. As they did back then, which you all already know. But this shot is just so sloppy, it makes the removal of the finger seem absolutely pointless because not only is the blade a fair distance away from his palm and fingers, it doesn't even line up with ring finger, it's aimed toward his middle finger.

Alright, yes, this can be seen as a nitpick, but as a huge fan of the series, things like this piss me off, and if the movie is filled with stuff like this, is it worth watching if you already know the story in and out from all the games and comics? or is it just another failed attempt at bringing video games to the big screen.

It has a 5.8 on IMDB, a 54% on themoviedb, 36 on meta, 18 critic rating on RT and 43% liked it on RT. These are all quite terrible scores.

Have you watched it, and was it worth your time?

Edited by Shagger

I haven't really watched it as yet to be honest. As a long-time Assassin's Creed player myself, I agree that most of the video game movies absolutely suck (one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to watch it). The best advice I can give you is to check it out yourself because you can't trust most mainstream review sites nowadays because they absolutely hated Dave Chappelle's Netflix special but most ordinary people loved it. 

Most time my friend do watch it to improve on their gaming skills about the assassin Creed, but unfortunate they did not know how they can manage to improve yet, what they are looking for right now is to look for expert, that can teach them.