Register Now
StaceyPowers

Slime Rancher

For sure, this game is very good. At first, I thought it would be weird, a farm game of slimes where you collect their poop? (POOP HYPE) I never thought it would be so funny and relaxing at the same time and even more funny watching others do it. Mate of mine has played more than 90 hours at Steam, I don't know why, but I really liked it and also he does to, maybe it's because it's the perfect game for who wants to play and listen a podcast while, or maybe because I keep waiting for each update to see what's the newest slime added, or maybe because this game is the best game indie in months.

It had a very nice feedback loop in its gameplay, of maybe 5-10 minutes of hunting out slimes and their food (among other things too), and then back to the ranch to store it all and keep everyone fed and happy, and then right back out to it. Very colorful and fun with a layer of strategy and planning that becomes more obvious after the first hour. I can see even me easily, putting 20+ hours in it, if I was to get it.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:08 PM, Empire said:

For sure, this game is very good. At first, I thought it would be weird, a farm game of slimes where you collect their poop? (POOP HYPE) I never thought it would be so funny and relaxing at the same time and even more funny watching others do it. Mate of mine has played more than 90 hours at Steam, I don't know why, but I really liked it and also he does to, maybe it's because it's the perfect game for who wants to play and listen a podcast while, or maybe because I keep waiting for each update to see what's the newest slime added, or maybe because this game is the best game indie in months.

It had a very nice feedback loop in its gameplay, of maybe 5-10 minutes of hunting out slimes and their food (among other things too), and then back to the ranch to store it all and keep everyone fed and happy, and then right back out to it. Very colorful and fun with a layer of strategy and planning that becomes more obvious after the first hour. I can see even me easily, putting 20+ hours in it, if I was to get it.

I heard about this game as well but I just thought it was a bit bizarre. Using poop isn't exactly my idea of a good time whether virtual or not and most farming games kind of bore me. I'm down for action - even a bit like a turn-based rpg.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:20 AM, killamch89 said:

I heard about this game as well but I just thought it was a bit bizarre. Using poop isn't exactly my idea of a good time whether virtual or not and most farming games kind of bore me. I'm down for action - even a bit like a turn-based rpg.

It's not everyone's cup of tea 🙂 

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Basically it's just a farming sim where you vacuum up slimes and feed them their own leavings, or sell them, and explore the planet you're on to capture more slimes, rinse and repeat. Alas, I dropped off it after discovering the final area and having seen (albeit not fully interacting with) everything. If ever there was a game that epitomised being about the 'journey more than the destination', it would be Slime Rancher. Its charming in its own way, but I can appreciate that not everyone has the time or patience for its mechanics, however much I agree with its Overwhelmingly Positive user review aggregate on Steam.

I remember watching Markiplier play this in a few videos and thought it seemed like a fun game, although I never personally played it. Looks like it may definitely be worth buying and picking up though from all of your feedback. Is there anything specific to look out for or do while playing that is more unique for example?