Register Now
The Blackangel

Best VPN?

I've been thinking about getting set up with a VPN, but don't know which one to go with. A lot of the YouTube channels that I subscribe to get sponsored by Express VPN, and recommend it a lot. It looks good to me, but I'm wondering if anyone else is set up with one, and if so what are your thoughts? Do you think they're not actually worth it? pros? Cons? I'm looking for any info anyone has before I shell out the $ for it.

You need to review a recent VPN client rundown and weigh the pros and cons to make the best decision for you. Look at program features, subscription cost, and customer support. Some things may be more important to you than others so I wouldn’t go based on another person’s choice. Also where are are living, No point getting VPN if you are 5000kms away and they only support so and so.

Do your research and get the best deal. What router do you use? and also provider? Why I'm asking since allot of provider can also offer VPN 🙂 My router even offers a VPN software that I can pay each month however doesn't mean you have to go with them. I have a $500 Asus router LOL

We just got a new computer less than a year ago. It came with McAfee & their VPN. I'm honestly not impressed with it. I've wanted to try a VPN but maybe I'm doing it wrong as when it's on, I can't visit several forums. What VPN did you decide on?

There is no best one it comes down to your needs/wants and speeds vary depending on you and your set up etc. Saying that nearly all will give you a good deal for long time commitments, how long is up to you.

Here are some VPNs though do your own testing/research:

• Windscribes is good an cheap for a year.
  • Airvpn is good and cheaper now their Christmas sale still going. (1,2 & 3 years)
  • Vyprvpn is still in their new year sale (3 years)
  • Torguard still have their black Friday sale going (3 years)
  • Surfshark around 50USD, I think, for 25 months.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, The Blackangel said:

I've seen them all promoting ExpressVPN. I've never seen any of them promoting NordVPN. Even AVGN promotes ExpressVPN.

ExpressVPN has been known to keep logs which means that should the US or any of the 13 eyes want any info on your activities, they'll have that info on hand, In addition to that, ExpressVPN has been hacked a couple of times in the last 5 years. The reason why people promote is because they being paid to do that not because it's the best VPN out there.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:31 PM, The Blackangel said:

So is everyone's recommendation NordVPN?

NordVPN is a better option and is beginner-friendly but I also recommend ProtonVPN because of the features. Mullvad is only 5 euros a month so it is a very affordable alternative.