Register Now
IanH

Astro Gaming A50 Setup

Hi.

Ive just picked up my A50 Wireless Headphones & Basestation but finding the Guide / Manuals very poor. Even states on the Guide to go onto website for ‘Full Manuals’ but all this gives you is the electronic version of the ‘Exact’ guide you have in your hand.!!

Like to know setting up the Xbox and PC has to be independently initially then switched as required or is it one or other only?

the website isn’t clear at all about setting the Dolby option or if any Firmware is specific for either Xbox or PC. 

Unsure if on Xbox Settings there will be an Astro Firmware update and therefor only available as a PC option?

Thanks so much. There is the One X optical connection i can use but i think this will suffice and i will search Youtube for further advice as you’ve pointed me in the right direction. 

ps. That is one hell of a system the guy has! Wow !

Cheers 👍

I own Astro A40 myself and I never used them to connect to the Xbox. At least my boxed had a manuals and nowadays they don't. shocking. But you can get good YouTube videos from others saying how to connect and use them. 

This is another video that almost might help. 

On 12/5/2020 at 3:28 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this question but I did find this video on Youtube so I hope this can help you out.

You're right, this doesn't feel like the correct section. I was about to move it, but then realised there wasn't really a place to move it to. I'll have a word with @DC about creating a general tech' issues and and troubleshooting section on the forums. 

2 hours ago, IanH said:

Have Series X and still One X. Will firmware update enable alternating between devices with just USB? Same as with pc am guessing.

If I'm being honest, I'm not 100% certain but you could check their website and see if there's anything in the Q&A section or a quick Google search might suffice.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, Shagger said:

You're right, this doesn't feel like the correct section. I was about to move it, but then realised there wasn't really a place to move it to. I'll have a word with @DC about creating a general tech' issues and and troubleshooting section on the forums. 

That's definitely going to be a good add up section for the forum because such issues exists for gamers on more than one occasion and it's paramount there should be a sub section to discuss about it all.