Register Now
StaceyPowers

Would you buy a scalped console?

No fucking way. I value honesty, and despise greed, and would never support some piece of shit like that. If some scalper tried to sell me one, I would knock their worthless ass to the ground then squat down and piss on their face.

After that I would just raid their pockets and take their console. Yes, I would rob them.

I've run into scalpers at hockey games several times. When the Red Wings would come to St. Louis to play against the Blues, I would get early entry since I'm in a wheelchair. These assholes are outside and trying to charge people $60+ for $20 tickets. And all too often, the tickets would turn out to be fake, and the dumb son of a bitch that bought from the scalper would be royally fucked. I had one jackass try to sell me a ticket. I punched him in the throat right on his Adam's Apple, took the fake tickets (a 4 year old could have done a better job) and went inside. Scalpers are one of the few specific people that I'm a severe bigot against. If someone buys a game system and has to turn around and sell it for unforseen reasons, they're not a scalper. I want to clear that up right now. They just got some shitty luck. Someone who buys an item with the intention of reselling it for a 300% markup, that is the one who will meet a severe bigot when they lay eyes on me. And I don't give a shit what anyone says. I'm proud to be bigoted towards the worthless scum. I'm not much more than white trash myself, but at least I'm not some greedy piece of shit that's out trying to rip people off.

I'd not buy scalped anything. Scalpers are scum, worse than thieves in my opinion. Thieves are usually born of desperation. Scalping however is a business decision. They just decide to give zero damns about everyone else. That's why I laugh when I see people blame evil corporations. Many individuals would behave the same or worse as those corporations given the opportunity, and scalpers prove that.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:27 AM, m76 said:

I'd not buy scalped anything. Scalpers are scum, worse than thieves in my opinion. Thieves are usually born of desperation. Scalping however is a business decision. They just decide to give zero damns about everyone else. That's why I laugh when I see people blame evil corporations. Many individuals would behave the same or worse as those corporations given the opportunity, and scalpers prove that.

You have a valid point there. The other part of the spectrum is the idiots who choose to buy from these individuals as well - they should face comparable backlash because they're a part of the problem.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:09 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Would you ever pay a marked-up rate to purchase a scalped console? If so, why or why not? Personally, I cannot imagine doing this, however badly I might want a PS5 right now.

Seriously, if it's something that I would ever be open to doing, then I would have owned a Playstation 5 by now but it's completely against what I stand for. 

12 hours ago, Empire said:

Nope, If I had a lot of money, I would do this but donate them to Children's hospitals or long-term care facilities. Think of the happiness you could bring to kids going through the scariest point in their lives.

Agreed - you can do so many productive things with that kind of money. Why spend it on a console that's way over its MSRP.

20 hours ago, Empire said:

Nope, If I had a lot of money, I would do this but donate them to Children's hospitals or long-term care facilities. Think of the happiness you could bring to kids going through the scariest point in their lives.

Exactly, it's definitely going to be far more accomplishing to do that then have such amount of money go to the pockets of scalpers. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed - you can do so many productive things with that kind of money. Why spend it on a console that's way over its MSRP.

The issue is that most richly annoying gamers don't really care about anything else but themselves and it's all because they have the money to throw around like they want. 

Never. I personally would never pay extra for an item that was a lot cheaper at retail and that goes for anything - games, consoles, shoes etc. It's important that we don't support scalpers either. By buying from them, you're just encouraging them to keep doing it.