Register Now
Kane99

Did anyone buy from a scalper?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, Patrik said:

I believe only people that got way extra money in their pockets are the ones who buy from scalpers, or Tech youtubers that should hurry and do reviews before everyone else, simple users don't really have to spend extra bucks for something they could have for less than half of the price

Actually, Youtubers typically receive their products straight from the manufacturers of a particular product. They're called review units and they get to keep them for a while until the company can send them the finished product and then they send back the review unit.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, Youtubers typically receive their products straight from the manufacturers of a particular product. They're called review units and they get to keep them for a while until the company can send them the finished product and then they send back the review unit.

Not all Youtubers receive it, i personally know some of them (that have below than 200k subs) who couldn't manage to get their videos sponsored, otherwise they couldn't receive samples for review, which pushed them to buy the GPU's themselves.

Hell no, I'm waiting for them to get desperate and start selling as-is on prices, and even though I wouldn't take it since there would be a no return policy or way to validate the warranty if something broke and it had to get shipped back to Sony.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, The Blackangel said:

I don’t think anyone here is stupid enough to buy from a scalper. But in the event that someone IS, then I have no sympathy for them when they have to choose between rent and food because they spent $1000 on a $400 PlayStation.

I fully agree with this. For me 1k means like 4 months of easy living if not even five....god damn people are amazing sometimes.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:36 AM, mont86 said:

No I haven't and haven't considered it. I can wait til things settle down.

It will take a few years at least and we'll need more intervention for government agencies as well as retailers before we can see anything resembling normalcy.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, The Blackangel said:

I don’t think anyone here is stupid enough to buy from a scalper. But in the event that someone IS, then I have no sympathy for them when they have to choose between rent and food because they spent $1000 on a $400 PlayStation.

There is no way in the world I would be so stupid to get anything from scalpers. I wonder what some people think when they seek scalpers out. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There is no way in the world I would be so stupid to get anything from scalpers. I wonder what some people think when they seek scalpers out. 

Maybe they think in racing terms telling themselves that they have to be the first to own whatever it is that's being scalped.

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Maybe they think in racing terms telling themselves that they have to be the first to own whatever it is that's being scalped.

Yeah, that may be the case for some of them or better still some can still really be stupid in decision making. 

On 10/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Heatman said:

It's actually our impatient tendency that is still keeping them scalpers in business because if we don't go to them, they will stop. 

Had it been we are patient enough, I don't see reason why we'll lose money buying from scalpers when they are simply third party hunting for their own profit.