Register Now
killamch89

Mature/Violent games you played as a kid

On 12/15/2020 at 10:00 PM, Family sedan said:

When did Destruction Derby come out?

Good call! I totally forgot about that one well. If I remember correctly, the first game came out in October of 1995. 

22 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I used to play Resident Evil 4. I loved the story...

Resident Evil 4 was an awesome game and the first to have the over the shoulder gameplay mechanic in terms of their crappy camera. At the time, the graphics was also great.

Twisted Metal, GTA 3, Silent Hill for PC (with a mic I believe), and Mortal Kombat. I don't remember any other games that stood out to me as super violent, maybe some that had a ton of blood or so but that wasn't really a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

Manhunt 1, the kitchen mission from Hitman Contracts, Resident evil 4 ( the out of nowhere chainsaw guy is just.... ), also Max Payne 1 had some creepy cutscenes lol

The Manhunt I can definitely agree with. Hitman Contracts had very little blood and Max Payne falls into that category as well.

26 minutes ago, m76 said:

The most violent games were probably carmageddon, mortal kombat, duke3d, shadow warrior, gta, quarantine, and who knows what others that I don't remember.

How can anyone forget the Street Fighter Series. It was a gold part of my childhood growing up. 

12 minutes ago, m76 said:

I did not forget it, it's too cartoony to be considered violent for me. 

Yeah - That's actually very correct about its cartoon characters form. But most games I played as a kid did looked the sort. 

On 8/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, m76 said:

The most violent games were probably carmageddon, mortal kombat, duke3d, shadow warrior, gta, quarantine, and who knows what others that I don't remember.

Mortal Kombat really did create an uproar back in the day especially when it just came out. Those were some good times...

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Mortal Kombat really did create an uproar back in the day especially when it just came out. Those were some good times...

Seriously - I never really thought I'd get over playing MK then as a kid. In most video games center back then, it's the most played game.