Register Now
Kane99

The Callisto Protocol - Coming 2022

I wonder what this game is going to be like. I suspect a scary spooky time, plus some fighting against corrupt people. Should be a fun time. Game is developed by Striking Distance Studios. I can't say I've ever heard of them, but a google search shows they do motion capture work, so I suppose video games are on their plate now. 

Check the trailer, what do you think?

New trailer dropped at Gamescom showing off the gameplay, you can find it below. Looks a lot like Dead Space, but it's more zombies than anything. Doesn't look bad, but I feel like the Dead Space remake is going to blow it out of the water. But, we'll see. Do you guys think it'll be any good? 

I haven't heard any news about this game since I heard the news about it's development.

I was actually interested in it due to the triller and the hint of some horror in it.

I would check out for some more information about it though.

It's supposed to be out this year.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:32 PM, Kane99 said:

New trailer dropped at Gamescom showing off the gameplay, you can find it below. Looks a lot like Dead Space, but it's more zombies than anything. Doesn't look bad, but I feel like the Dead Space remake is going to blow it out of the water. But, we'll see. Do you guys think it'll be any good? 

Glen Schofield is the director on this game. Glen also co-created the Dead Space series from what I've read. It would truly be something else if there are some quality callbacks or connections to Dead Space. That series needs an inspired revival. BUT this right here looks amazing all on its own.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I thought the game would be released in 2023 because they had to delay it's release date.

Well if it's gonna be out this year that would be really cool as well.

Nope, still 2022. It drops December 2nd, so just a couple weeks away or so. Not much time left. But with how games are released these days, a delay could happen any time yet. 

On 11/23/2022 at 12:47 AM, Kane99 said:

Nope, still 2022. It drops December 2nd, so just a couple weeks away or so. Not much time left. But with how games are released these days, a delay could happen any time yet. 

I don't think they would delay it's release any further we should just anticipate it's release any moment from now.

It came out today, and had been shipped to reviewers recently as I've seen reviews and videos from gamers streaming it already. So far reviews aren't painting the best picture of it. I'm seeing ratings of 6's, 7's across the board. 

IGN gave it a 7/10, Gameinformer and VGC both gave it a 6/10, and has a 76 on metacritic. I mean, it's not bad, but not what fans were expecting I guess. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/02/the-callisto-protocol-reviews-are-in-and-they-are-concerning/

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It came out today, and had been shipped to reviewers recently as I've seen reviews and videos from gamers streaming it already. So far reviews aren't painting the best picture of it. I'm seeing ratings of 6's, 7's across the board. 

IGN gave it a 7/10, Gameinformer and VGC both gave it a 6/10, and has a 76 on metacritic. I mean, it's not bad, but not what fans were expecting I guess. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/02/the-callisto-protocol-reviews-are-in-and-they-are-concerning/

A 7/10 rating from IGN isn't bad at all as we all know that they can be quite strict with things like this, a rating that High would only mean that the game was good for most part and had only a few deficiencies.

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

A 7/10 rating from IGN isn't bad at all as we all know that they can be quite strict with things like this, a rating that High would only mean that the game was good for most part and had only a few deficiencies.

Yeah not a bad rating, and I'm starting to see more high scores coming out. But it seems that there are performance issues with the PC and Xbox versions of the game, while the PS5 version is said to be playing fine, at least according to the article below: 

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-the-callisto-protocol-pc-xbox-series-x-series-s

There are still some reviews coming out where they're giving it a 5 or 6 out of 10. 

Also, a friend of mine told me that there may be a setting you have to turn on to help with the combat/performance or something. I couldn't find anything on it myself though. 

43 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah not a bad rating, and I'm starting to see more high scores coming out. But it seems that there are performance issues with the PC and Xbox versions of the game, while the PS5 version is said to be playing fine, at least according to the article below: 

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-the-callisto-protocol-pc-xbox-series-x-series-s

There are still some reviews coming out where they're giving it a 5 or 6 out of 10. 

Also, a friend of mine told me that there may be a setting you have to turn on to help with the combat/performance or something. I couldn't find anything on it myself though. 

I would need to personally try out this game myself but since I don't own a PlayStation 5 I would just need to play on PC or Xbox and what they are saying about it's performance on this two platforms isn't so good.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I would need to personally try out this game myself but since I don't own a PlayStation 5 I would just need to play on PC or Xbox and what they are saying about it's performance on this two platforms isn't so good.

There is said to be some workarounds that'll help solve some of the performance issues. And I read somewhere that there are some settings you have to change to get it to work, and developers haven't made it known yet, so that's another problem. This article seems to address how to fix some of the performance problems until a patch drops: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/02/the-callisto-protocol-pc-performance-fix-for-lag-dlss-alternative/