Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you love or hate battle royale, and why?

I have only rarely played a battle royale game. Usually an option on a game cart. Like on Conker's Bad Fur Day there's a secondary game that is a battle royale. It was "fun" on a rare occasion, but not enough to garner any actual real interest for me. Add in the fact that it seems that most battle royale games nowadays are online games, and I have significantly less interest than before.

The advantages of these gamemodes is you can play and win with zero contribution to or from your team and a low skill ceiling in most modern games. The hype that comes with this is any kid or adult with two brain cells can pick up the game and play. They might do good or awful but if they live longer than last time it's technically an improvement.

I am not a big fan of the battle royale games. I tried to like fortnite, Apex Legends and COD Warzone, but I just can't stick with it. I get too much anxiety from playing with a group, and I am not very good. So when I have to be relied on to help someone, I get really anxious. 

They're technically not bad games, they do what they're supposed to do and quite well, they're just not for me. 

But, that's in regards to first & third person shooter BR games. I get into the weird ones like Mario 35, where you play with 35 others playing the same levels. Last survivor wins. I want more of those types of games, more puzzle oriented, or platform oriented. 

On 12/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, Kane99 said:

I am not a big fan of the battle royale games. I tried to like fortnite, Apex Legends and COD Warzone, but I just can't stick with it. I get too much anxiety from playing with a group, and I am not very good. So when I have to be relied on to help someone, I get really anxious. 

They're technically not bad games, they do what they're supposed to do and quite well, they're just not for me. 

But, that's in regards to first & third person shooter BR games. I get into the weird ones like Mario 35, where you play with 35 others playing the same levels. Last survivor wins. I want more of those types of games, more puzzle oriented, or platform oriented. 

I used to play Fortnite in the beginning but I just lost interest in it because it got so repetitive. I understand that some people don't like online games especially the ones with a whole lot going on in a round but it's just that Battle-Royale games to me feel kind of...cheap and lazy.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:35 AM, skyfire said:

It does get repetitive. And so many PUBG and fortnite players are also changing different game per day. 

PUBG hardly rolls out updates anyways and most are cosmetic and the events are cool and all in Fortnite but it gets extremely dull after a while.

I think it changed the game landscape for a bit, but now that it's flooded with good and bad examples, only the true winners shine. What makes it worse is that not much can be changed on the gameplay (other than just having new weapons, or cosmetic items, or changing the map). So it kind of gets boring fast once you really go at it and keep playing the game over and over again.

I personally don't play any game that's based on Battle Royale for just one reason : who camps, wins.

I really hate how all of these battle royale games waste time, you literally spend the whole match looting and preparing yourself, then a dude who was camping the whole match kills you...

42 minutes ago, Patrik said:

I personally don't play any game that's based on Battle Royale for just one reason : who camps, wins.

I really hate how all of these battle royale games waste time, you literally spend the whole match looting and preparing yourself, then a dude who was camping the whole match kills you...

Camping isn't the word you're looking for. It's hiding because every player has to stay within a designated area or their health will decrease until you die so you have to constantly move around. However, you'll have people who hide the entire game and then right at the end of the match pops up to kill you.