Register Now
bomb

Longer adventure game or short adventure game.

Depends on the game. I'm good with a shorter adventure as long as it's fun and has replayability. I prefer to have a longer adventure game, especially if it's a great game with an expansive story. As long as either game is good and fun, I don't care much. 

I think with shorter games as well, it doesn't get boring or repetitive too soon. With longer games, there's always that chance it becomes boring after a while. But that's just me sometimes. 

A game should be as long as it needs to be to do what it sets out to do. Some can do that in under an hour, and some can do that over fifty hours. Much as I'd like to be the editor in charge of some of these games and chop out several acts at a time, I realise that would be heartbreaking for a lot of artists whose games are their life's work, so the compromise is they make their game and I begrudgingly play it or don't.

It really depends on what I feel like playing. There are some short adventure games that I love playing, and some long adventure games that I also love playing. If I were ever to repurchase the Monkey Island series, I would be playing that from the first game, to the last released adventure.