Register Now
Kane99

Will there be new joycons if a new Switch is made?

There has been rumors for a while now, that there will be an upgraded Nintendo Switch that will support 4K. That's great and all, and I hope that is to happen, but one thing I want them to consider fixing, is the joy con controllers. They need to find a way to make sure that joy con drift is a thing of the past. And they need to make it workable on current switch models as well. 

I think this would be the perfect time for Nintendo to address this issue. Make a controller that stands the test of time, not one that gradually degrades as you get it. 

Do you think Nintendo will make a new version of the joycons? Or will they release the same exact models for the switch? 

On 12/14/2020 at 9:12 PM, killamch89 said:

Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably release an identical controller but they'll try to address the issues like the "joycon drift". 

I concur with this. They're a reliable company, and tend to listen to consumers. Both the complaints and the praise they get from all over. I'm fully sure they will address the issue. They already are anyway as they have gotten millions of complaints about it.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I concur with this. They're a reliable company, and tend to listen to consumers. Both the complaints and the praise they get from all over. I'm fully sure they will address the issue. They already are anyway as they have gotten millions of complaints about it.

And sell them for close to if not the full price...

7 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

They might make a new one, but the difference will not be that big.

More or less what I thought as well.