Register Now
bomb

Can you teach adult how to play game to while away time?

My parents often disturb me to teach them game, which I do refuse because they will be more focus on it, and might cause them not to see to other things. Have anybody teach his or her parent how to play game here?

I wouldn't think that they might cause them to stop doing other things that they mostly do. Keep in mind that they might need a break and need to do other things that are fully new and different rather than doing there own day to day things. Not getting into it but what they do mostly?

I think it be a good thing for them and yourself 😉 able to teach and help them out and at the end of the day you feel good and you achieved something good. Damn this person knows how to play this game and I help him to able to play. GG.

All in all, No. I have not teached anyone in my family to play a game that I play. They aren't into what I do and they don't even know how to use a PC. If I do, I look at it for myself to do content and gaming with. 

I wish my parents took any interest in gaming. My dad used to play Duck Hunt and Mario among other titles back in the days but he stopped gaming in the 90s. All I ever hear is how gaming is a waste of time and there are more productive things you could do with your life etc.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Refusing to teach them a game because "they have other things to do" is pretty fucking selfish. What do they have to do that doesn't make them need a break? Your laundry? Make you dinner? Give you your weekly allowance? Clean the house?

Grow the fuck up.

Agree with you, but Glad that you send your thoughts out rather then me since I was going to mention it in my post, yet I felt it was wrong and not my business to say something or anything in that matter. Hell this guy might be in his 30s or 40s and saying that he doesn't want them to play games. WTFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

If my family members said it to be, I be so damn excited and pleased to teach them LOL  I be saying how to fly a aircraft in the flight sim. I be happy to cook dinner 🙂 Well, I love cooking and able to wear my chef uniform. 

My parents are using technology very often, and they have a good opinion about it. 

Being at their age, of course, they don't consider playing them.

It's not because they hate games, it's just they feel like they're too old for that.

I've been trying to change their minds, but nothing.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

As much as I don't like playing Candy Crush Saga game on mobile, I had to teach my mother how to play it because she likes the game which is a very annoying game for me. 

Haha😆 even I too had played that game and taught to my mom. Well, that's an easy game. 😆

I taught my sister playing racing games on PS4. Now, she is even better driver than me. I stopped teaching anyone now. 😒

I'm of the older generation so I learned that time is precious. If my parents wanted to learn a game, I think of it as spending quality time with my best friends. It's not a bother. Sure, it can be annoying if they don't grasp it right away, but I just breathe, take a step back & focus on being with them NOT on the game. That is what helps. Life is too short.

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

As much as I don't like playing Candy Crush Saga game on mobile, I had to teach my mother how to play it because she likes the game which is a very annoying game for me. 

Tell me about it! I never liked Candy Crush because it was one of those basic puzzle games with candy pieces. I wondered why so many people were drawn to it in the first place. Not to mention the sound effects got on my nerves after hearing them a lot.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Tell me about it! I never liked Candy Crush because it was one of those basic puzzle games with candy pieces. I wondered why so many people were drawn to it in the first place. Not to mention the sound effects got on my nerves after hearing them a lot.

You really know the game Candy Crush very well. Pointing out the annoying crush tone when you select the candy to slice gets on my nerves too but I had to teach my ma.