Register Now
bomb

Can football players play 90 minutes without half time

The length of a professional soccer match is 90 minutes, plus additional time added to each half as calculated by the referee to make up for game stoppages. Why that length? I'm not sure. I think that there was a rule that was formed by the universities of England. There was a article I read about the auction of Sheffield rulebook for football for 1.2 million pounds. 

But yeah 90mins of each round they can do it 🙂 

Just to verify, you are talking about soccer and not American football right? Being American, I always get confused when people say football here, because I know there are so many people that mean soccer, and not what Americans envision when the word "football" is spoken.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 5/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, Justin11 said:

FIFA tried to convince football lovers about the chances of extending the game to 120 minutes, but fans turned it down, so it wouldn't be boring. 

Exactly - we're not trying to see Football turned into Test Cricket or golf with these ridiculously long games.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - we're not trying to see Football turned into Test Cricket or golf with these ridiculously long games.

Sure, not all, I love the 90 mins of football matches. Then 120 mins when extra time is needed, I don't want any further rules as regards to the time frame of matches. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, not all, I love the 90 mins of football matches. Then 120 mins when extra time is needed, I don't want any further rules as regards to the time frame of matches. 

I don't want Fifa to touch anything because all they're doing is ruining the game with some of their ridiculous suggestions.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't want Fifa to touch anything because all they're doing is ruining the game with some of their ridiculous suggestions.

😂, Most of their decision making aren't what football needs. That's one most of them were kicked off by fans. Fans got the final say, you can't use such kind of decision making to ruin the beautiful game for us.