Register Now
The Blackangel

Platform Exclusives

Does anyone here play any platform exclusives? I don't mean a franchise like Zelda or GoW. Something small. I have 2 that I play. One is Tell Me Why on Xbox One, and the other is Drawngeon: Dungeons Of Ink And Paper on Switch. They're great games, and I heavily relate to the characters and story in Tell Me Why.

But what about everyone else? Any system exclusive games? I'm not looking for PC games here, as there are way too may games that are PC exclusive.

Was going to start typing and say my thoughts, until you said at the end of your lines that you not really looking for people that are PC users 😛 True that there are far more games on PC then again there are games that you can't get on other platforms. 

Will say this though when I had the PS2, I had an old James bond game for the PS2 and it was a very interesting story where you have to deal with one main character as James himself and had to live and deal with your own actions and choose the best path. Stoy was very good.

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter are my two picks because the dynamic of controlling two characters throughout different parts of the story was so fun. On top of that, the dynamic that Ratchet shared with Clank as well as the one Jak shared with Daxter created some pretty hilarious dialogue.

Horizon Zero Dawn was great, not an exclusive anymore, but God of War is also an amazing game too that is an exclusive. 

As far as PC only, have you tried many older Command & Conquer games? I feel like there are far more PC exclusives than console ones due to the ease to develop for PC.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, Syntax said:

Horizon Zero Dawn was great, not an exclusive anymore, but God of War is also an amazing game too that is an exclusive. 

As far as PC only, have you tried many older Command & Conquer games? I feel like there are far more PC exclusives than console ones due to the ease to develop for PC.

Why did you have to remind me of C&C Generals Zero Hour. I love that game and it is so good. The gameplay is great, the sound is even better, the amazing multiplayer is also epic, it's just a great game. From the old ones with Crazy Evan (I think it was Red something) to Zero Hour, they are great, after I didn't play any of them.

As far as exclusives goes, I wish there weren't, but I guess some dev teams need money from publishers.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, Syntax said:

I have disagree with you to some extent. There's a lot of indie games that appear on PC and not on console, but just about all of them don't make it to console for good reasons. When it comes to exclusive content, I value quality over quantity, and consoles tend to offer that, especially on PlayStation and Nintendo. Aside from some very fine strategy games (like the aforementioned C&C games), a smattering of other MMO's and some quality indie's, the PC actually has very little to offer in terms of exclusive games.

1 hour ago, Shole said:

Why did you have to remind me of C&C Generals Zero Hour. I love that game and it is so good. The gameplay is great, the sound is even better, the amazing multiplayer is also epic, it's just a great game. From the old ones with Crazy Evan (I think it was Red something) to Zero Hour, they are great, after I didn't play any of them.

As far as exclusives goes, I wish there weren't, but I guess some dev teams need money from publishers.

I believe you're thinking of Red Alert 2. Loved that game.