Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming Merch You Want

I think we have a thread here already on game-related merchandise we have, but what about game-related merchandise that you have your eye on and want?

I would like a blanket I found today with a Skyrim map on it, and I am also planning to buy some small posters of some of the advertisements in BioShock games for plasmids/vigors and other products for my walls.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been wanting a life size replica of Squall's gunblade for a while. There's quite a few of them on eBay, but I never have the money to spare.

I wouldn't be able to get that into my country unfortunately because of some stupid laws. I'd do almost anything to get back my Gray Fox action figure - Gray Fox is one of my if not my favorite videogame character of all time. Squall is too but I'd probably have to get his jacket or something else.

I want anything that's based of flying in sims and then make money 😛merchandize that you do not see for all games, unless it's big release like Cyberpunk 2077 🙂 even that not a good idea buying the game at the moment. 

merchandize isn't that important no point wasting money and buy the game. 

1 hour ago, m76 said:

What I want doesn't exist. There are a bunch of Ellie figurines out there from last of us 2, but I wanted an Abby figure. I've made my own, but I'd like to have a better quality one still.

If you know anybody with a 3D printer, or feel like buying one, you could always make an Ellie figurine. They're not super expensive these anymore, and can make pretty good quality stuff.

Edited by The Blackangel

I wouldn't mind grabbing some action figures from games I like. Any collectibles relating to Super Mario Bros, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Batman, etc. I also wouldn't mind grabbing a few more posters and maybe some art prints. And anything with lights, that can be put up as a display piece. Stuff like that. 

On 12/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, The Blackangel said:

If you know anybody with a 3D printer, or feel like buying one, you could always make an Ellie figurine. They're not super expensive these anymore, and can make pretty good quality stuff.

I wish I had a good 3d printer but won't cost cheap to print. Hell with that you can make anything and sell and make money money money 🙂 The printer itself is not that costly to buy it's the ink and whatnot isn't it? 

It depends on what material you want to use. 3D printers can use polymers, ceramics, and even metals. They're pretty versatile. Granted they can take a day to build something small to medium size, but just like games, you want your finished product done right. You don't want to start printing something and end up with a Cyberpunk or Fallout76 result.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

I wish I had a good 3d printer but won't cost cheap to print. Hell with that you can make anything and sell and make money money money 🙂 The printer itself is not that costly to buy it's the ink and whatnot isn't it? 

I actually have a 3D printer, that is what I used for my Abby figure. But extruder printers are a hit and miss for the most part, it is very sensitive to the actual model you are printing, as they can't print in mid air. So there is a lot of optimization and tweaking involved. It's good fun if you are patient and don't mind having a few bad prints. But don't expect it to work like a inkjet printer where you press print and voila. Even if everything is perfect printing a 20cm tall human figure can take about 10-15 hours. Then a lot of manual labor cleaning it up, and painting it.

Then there are resin printers that are much more versatile and can print almost anything, but in return they are more expensive use more power, and the resin is slightly toxic until it is cured.

Printers of other exotic materials like ceramics and metals I think are currently only viable for commercial enterprises as they are prohibitively expensive still.

Edited by m76

SOunds very expensive if it fails like 5 times and maybe the sith time it goes smoothly. It's not something like you making money from it, I mean that's what I be aiming on doing if I had a 3D printer 😉 Sounds fun with optimization and tweaking and 15 years isn't to bad, if you don't full asleep 😜 

I have seen a 3d printer in the works before in a factory that was big 😉