Register Now
killamch89

Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Buds Review

Razer released their own wireless earbuds recently with ANC (Active Noise Cancelling). At $200, the price is a bit steep for wireless buds with so many quality products on the market at lower prices. What do you think about this? Secondly, why are most manufacturers copying Apple's design of their wireless buds? It's freaking lazy by Razer...

On 12/31/2020 at 8:16 AM, Peterlight said:

This is better than apple earpod which just came out recently.

At least it is affordable and gives better sound.

I wouldn't say better but they are more affordable. The sound on the airpod is actually pretty good and they're one of the few with active noise cancelling.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:16 PM, Peterlight said:

This is better than apple earpod which just came out recently.

At least it is affordable and gives better sound.

The problem is that with all these pods, their battery don't usually last longer and it's very annoying. 

38 minutes ago, egghead said:

For me $200 for ear buds is way too expensive.

I agree, that is way to much.  There are tons within the $30 - $60 Like these that will be just as good if not better.

The only "advantage" as far as I can see is thier much advertised 60ms latency, but think about it.  This makes minimal to no difference while listening to music or watching video.  As for gaming if you have to the device in you hand or on a table in front of you anyway....  Why not just use just the mic on the device where the latency is zero!  It makes no sense, there trying to address a problem that doesn't exist.

Edited by Crazycrab

4I recently bough a pair of ear pods with ANC for £30 (about $32-$34 US), so what's in these to justify the other $160-$170? As far as I can tell, nothing. Like I said, they both have AND, the both had roughly the same battery life and they both had the same kind of rubber tips for the ear pieces. The only thing I'm not sure of is my ones are waterproof or not and my earpods don't have an indigenous app (although I doubt how useful such a thing would be). They're $200 simply because it's Razer, and for no other reason.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

4I recently bough a pair of ear pods with ANC for £30 (about $32-$34 US), so what's in these to justify the other $160-$170? As far as I can tell, nothing. Like I said, they both have AND, the both had roughly the same battery life and they both had the same kind of rubber tips for the ear pieces. The only thing I'm not sure of is my ones are waterproof or not and my earpods don't have an indigenous app (although I doubt how useful such a thing would be). They're $200 simply because it's Razer, and for no other reason.

We all know Razer sells overpriced products - I wonder what you'd say about the Covid mask they made with a filter, RGB and a microphone in it.

I'm not sure who's the bigger idiot - Razer for making these ridiculous overpriced products or the idiots who keep buying them.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

There was one Samsung galaxy ear pod that's well above $200. It's why I went for Oraimo ear buds. 

I don't have air buds. I use Samsung air phones that I received with my phone for free when I bought the device about 3years ago.

44 minutes ago, egghead said:

I don't have air buds. I use Samsung air phones that I received with my phone for free when I bought the device about 3years ago.

They don't add that to their smartphone now. The last smartphone Samsung I bought S20FE, it never came with ear buds. 

On 4/7/2022 at 1:04 PM, Heatman said:

They don't add that to their smartphone now. The last smartphone Samsung I bought S20FE, it never came with ear buds. 

I think none of the smartphones out there come with the ear buds.