Register Now
Kane99

Did you ever have the PSone with the screen?

I had the original fat PS1 as a kid, but always wanted the slim PS1 and the little screen that you could get with it. I always thought it was so cool and always bugged my dad to get me one, but he always said no because we already had the fat PS1 lol. 

One of these days I'll have to find a used one, but I mainly want the screen to go with it too. Just want it for my collection at this point. 

How were the screens for the PS One's? 

Just now, Patrik said:

Those portable PS1 models are quite rare, if you ever one, it would cost you a lot, but it's not worth it if you ask me

after some researches, i found this one on ebay, but it costs 160 bucks, which is a high price, unless you are an enthusiast

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-1-PSone-PS1-OE-LCD-Screen-FREE-REGION-NTSC-PAL-READ-DESCRIPTION/174579936830?epid=112234384&hash=item28a5c66e3e%3Ag%3AQAsAAOSw8XRf76ve&LH_BIN=1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:30 AM, killamch89 said:

I did get one of those screens as a separate accessory. It was quite small but it was convenient - However, we hardly used it because we always played multiplayer games like Fifa and Mortal Kombat Trilogy so our TV suited us more.

I never had the screen thing or what. In fact, I don't really know about it or how it look. I strictly played connected to our television 📺 set. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

PS1 was the only console game which I never tested, I tested Sega console but nowhere around PS1. But I've seen it's design, resembles that of PS2 console. 

Seriously, there was no way I would have missed playing on Plays 1 because it really was a big thing in my neighborhood. 

On 10/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, there was no way I would have missed playing on Plays 1 because it really was a big thing in my neighborhood. 

I see, that's good that PS1 was rampant then in your locality. Before I could discover PS1 their was PS2 already trending. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, Kane99 said:

but always wanted the slim PS1 and the little screen that you could get with it

these appeared way later after the original PS1 was released, the issue is that they were sold for a very expensive price just because they had that portable screen 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:11 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I see, that's good that PS1 was rampant then in your locality. Before I could discover PS1 their was PS2 already trending. 

PS1 trended for years before the release of PS2. It's the same thing with PS5 now as PS4 have been around for years. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

PS1 trended for years before the release of PS2. It's the same thing with PS5 now as PS4 have been around for years. 

You're there, now is the time for PS5, I believe it will remain trending for 5-10 years. Because, suny wouldn't be forced in to develop another franchise video game console. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, Kane99 said:

I had the original fat PS1 as a kid, but always wanted the slim PS1 and the little screen that you could get with it. I always thought it was so cool and always bugged my dad to get me one, but he always said no because we already had the fat PS1 lol. 

One of these days I'll have to find a used one, but I mainly want the screen to go with it too. Just want it for my collection at this point. 

How were the screens for the PS One's? 

I never got the Ps 1 since my budget then wasn't that cool. I only played some couple of games at the game house and that was it. When Ps2 came out, I waited till I was able to buy the slim one.

I love slim patterned consoles, I don't like fat built consoles or devices. When I first started I started with slim PS2, and then moved to slim PS3 and now I use the ultra slim PS3, next will be using slim PS4 or a slim and portable laptop. 

5 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I never got the Ps 1 since my budget then wasn't that cool. I only played some couple of games at the game house and that was it. When Ps2 came out, I waited till I was able to buy the slim one.

I never worried about playing on Playstation 1 when it came even though I never had it then because my best friend had one.