Register Now
killamch89

CD Projekt Red Receiving Further Backlash After Choosing Not To Release A Game On GOG Under Pressure From China

CD Projekt Red is really taking all the attention away from EA and Activision lately and for the wrong reason. First, we had the Cyberpunk disaster class launch and now this latest scandal further serves to put even more pressure on them. They made a U-Turn about the decision to release the horror game Devotion on their platform and are rightfully being called out for it. CD Projekt is going full Activision-Blizzard and you never want to go down that road. What do you think about this latest fiasco?

I mean come on, publish it in the US markets, or markets outside of China. If China can't take it, don't release it in China. I hate how companies have to bend to the will of China. I get they make a ton from China, but it's just so damn wrong to treat a studio like this. 

China controls media of US. So if CD project attempts to do it, china will bury it using the media and the lobby power. US has a lot of chinese lobby controlling life of US citizens. I wont be surprised that in near future even apple and google are forced to bow down to china. 

On 12/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, Kane99 said:

I mean come on, publish it in the US markets, or markets outside of China. If China can't take it, don't release it in China. I hate how companies have to bend to the will of China. I get they make a ton from China, but it's just so damn wrong to treat a studio like this. 

The problem is that the company named Tencent (the Chinese company that owns Epic among other entities in the game industry) has a lot of influence in the current gaming industry. I do agree with you but keep in mind that the NBA did the same thing when they came under Chinese pressure.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:21 AM, skyfire said:

China controls media of US. So if CD project attempts to do it, china will bury it using the media and the lobby power. US has a lot of chinese lobby controlling life of US citizens. I wont be surprised that in near future even apple and google are forced to bow down to china. 

Apple and Google have already bend the knee to China as well. You're right that the Chinese have a lot of influence in the US industries and have to bow down to them.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and worst part is just because US's every little thing is dependent on the china, the citizens are kind of brainwashed to lick the boots of china too. Goes to show this whole outsourced thing will backfire on US soon. 

It's already taken hold and they'll realize what's happening when it's too late. The politicians have sold their country to China but all they concentrate on Republican or Democrats when it's both that created the situation in the first place. Politicians always use the divide and conquer strategy because it keeps their people distracted and stops them from seeing the bigger picture.

CDPR has certainly squandered alot of the garnered goodwill they amassed due to shady business practices. It was clear that CP2K77 needed at least a few more months before release, that's the problem with much of the gaming landscape now, sadly. There needs to be a flood of games that mock the Chinese government, We should be making sure the Chinese government collapses, not appeasing the clowns that run it.

On 12/22/2020 at 7:23 AM, Empire said:

CDPR has certainly squandered alot of the garnered goodwill they amassed due to shady business practices. It was clear that CP2K77 needed at least a few more months before release, that's the problem with much of the gaming landscape now, sadly. There needs to be a flood of games that mock the Chinese government, We should be making sure the Chinese government collapses, not appeasing the clowns that run it.

Out of all the releases, I think the PC version is the least buggy and most playable so they should've done a timed release. Release the PC version first, do the next gen consoles second and do the current gen consoles last. Rockstar normally does it in the reverse order but it makes sense either way. They normally release the version that's playable and bug-free first. Them trying to rush to meet the holiday sales absolutely screwed them over.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:37 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah but the Chinese share is huge. Like they make billions easily and control a lot. It's not easy to avoid them even if you publish outside of China.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:25 AM, killamch89 said:

The problem is that the company named Tencent (the Chinese company that owns Epic among other entities in the game industry) has a lot of influence in the current gaming industry. I do agree with you but keep in mind that the NBA did the same thing when they came under Chinese pressure.

Apple and Google have already bend the knee to China as well. You're right that the Chinese have a lot of influence in the US industries and have to bow down to them.

Tencent owns a lot, and they are a huge influence in the gaming industry and are buying off everything they can. I think while I was working in China I did only use 1 app that wasn't made by them (including games).

Google and Apple, did the necessary evil, they accepted their fate just so they don't have to deal with copies of them in China, but still that gives China the right to do as they please.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Empire said:

There is so much shady going on there, I can't tell you how much I saw in the 2 years I worked in that country. The problem with the collapse is not really the government, if you ask a regular citizen they will say this "China is the best, I love our government, (and if male) the only thing they did bad was ban adult videos." . It takes a lot more than just insulting them, as they consider themselves the best race (I shrug every time when I hear white americans are racist, people should visit china a bit,  I was called black, ugly and the n word, and I am not even close to black, maybe light skin after I get a tan but yeah).

On 12/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, Shole said:

There is so much shady going on there, I can't tell you how much I saw in the 2 years I worked in that country. The problem with the collapse is not really the government, if you ask a regular citizen they will say this "China is the best, I love our government, (and if male) the only thing they did bad was ban adult videos." . It takes a lot more than just insulting them, as they consider themselves the best race (I shrug every time when I hear white americans are racist, people should visit china a bit,  I was called black, ugly and the n word, and I am not even close to black, maybe light skin after I get a tan but yeah).

It's ironic that it's socially expected to criticize American politics in America, but it's culturally insensitive to criticize commie chyna dictator for life of winnie the pooh. China is a country that doesn't share and always hiding something. 

On 1/4/2021 at 6:42 AM, Empire said:

It's ironic that it's socially expected to criticize American politics in America, but it's culturally insensitive to criticize commie chyna dictator for life of winnie the pooh. China is a country that doesn't share and always hiding something. 

And always stealing other nation's data and technology...