Register Now
Kane99

Is GTA Online still fun to you?

I haven't played GTA online in quite a while. I just got bored of the game in general. I used to be huge into it for a while, but I think grinding so much, just broke me. It's why I also don't bother with RDR online anymore either, because I know it's going to be a chore of a grind to get anything done, and I don't feel like dealing with that to be honest. 

On PC, I mean the modders are annoying but I absolutely love playing GTA online because there's always so much going on in-game. The new submarines are so much fun with the guided missiles. Me and a couple of my friends in-game went on a rampage with the new sub the other day. We were tryhard hunters!

Used to be very active on GTA online from the very start. I spent far more online then in Single Player 🙂 However not much anymore. It's pointless if you can't do missions on your own, spending time waiting for people to join then they leave halfway into the mission. The cost? damn need shark cards to get what you want and takes so much time to earn in game to get the money. 

FiveM though! yes spent even more time doing police Roleplaying. But even then over a year since I was last on FiveM

My brother is more into GTA than I am. I think I'm just played out of the whole series. I grew up with GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. When you play these games so much, it kind of gets repetitive. At least for me. GTA just doesn't make me feel that excitement anymore. Same with RDR2. I always said I would go in an 100% it, but I got bored of it too quick. I think it's because I'm just so played out on open world games, that I just can't get invested like I used to. 

1 hour ago, m76 said:

It never was fun to me. I've tried it once or twice and I think it is horrible. But I find  multiplayer gaming with strangers pointless to begin with.

I love it but I agree that it isn't for everyone. It's just that when you put a bunch of random people into a game and they have that much freedom it creates a bunch of very unique situations that the single-player experience just wouldn't be able to provide. On the other hand, you'll always have to egotistical douchebag with unlimited pockets trying to claim they're the best when money alone can't save you in these kinds of games. Sure you have access to everything but learning how to use those items will determine your success in games like GTA online.

I think it was fun back in the day, now it's just lobbies full of people killing eachother (which can be fun but not when they just mass target everyone over and over again) and kids screaming about it. Very hard to find a chill lobby that you can just talk and relax in with others who are online.

7 hours ago, Syntax said:

I think it was fun back in the day, now it's just lobbies full of people killing eachother (which can be fun but not when they just mass target everyone over and over again) and kids screaming about it. Very hard to find a chill lobby that you can just talk and relax in with others who are online.

You have a valid point there - so many tryhards but it's fun when the rest of the lobby gang up on these people and we all hunt them down. I pride myself in being a professional tryhard and griefer hunter. If they're online, I'm already on their case and they don't even know it...

On 12/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Syntax said:

That's pretty much GTA for you. I think that's always how the online lobbies have been. 😄 

8 hours ago, Patrik said:

It's fun for me only when i got my friends playing with me, there are lot of things to do when they are around, besides that, it's just a death simulator 😛

Yeah, I will only play if I have friends to play it. Most of my friends haven't played it in years though. 😞