Register Now
Kane99

Cyberpunk 2077 Save Data Could Be Corrupted If File Size Is Too Large

The problems keep coming, and this one is a doozy. According to CDPR themselves, if you have the PC version of the game and exceed 8MB on your save file, it will actually corrupt it as it's not meant to go above 8MB. They say, the reason this is, is because of looting and crafting too much stuff. CDPR said the issue might be fixed, and said the only work around right now, is to play the story only and start over on another save to play the story over again. As that's what you're intended to do. 

Yeah, they said that. Anyway, read more about this story here - Gamespot

List goes on and on and on doesn't it. This game is the most disgusted game so far to be released that has been delayed for so many times and once out it's still full of bugs and errors. So bad that they might as well take it off and refund everyone.  

It's a big problem considering this game is meant to be played for a ton of hours. One of the mods on the CDPR forums, said that the game is meant to be played until you beat the story, and then you're supposed to play over. He said that in response to the 8MB limit to save files. But, they don't seem to understand, that crafting and such increases the size. 

If anything, this bug needs to be fixed first, because people trying to increase their crafting ability, will be stuck with damaged saves. I'm at 3.5mb or so right now. I think I'm good though, as I haven't done very much crafting. I think I'm like a level 5 in it anyway. 

On 12/22/2020 at 11:59 AM, Kane99 said:

It's a big problem considering this game is meant to be played for a ton of hours. One of the mods on the CDPR forums, said that the game is meant to be played until you beat the story, and then you're supposed to play over. He said that in response to the 8MB limit to save files. But, they don't seem to understand, that crafting and such increases the size. 

If anything, this bug needs to be fixed first, because people trying to increase their crafting ability, will be stuck with damaged saves. I'm at 3.5mb or so right now. I think I'm good though, as I haven't done very much crafting. I think I'm like a level 5 in it anyway. 

I personally have not checked the size of my save file but I'm at level 9 and have done a bit of crafting myself so it may be at 4-5mb. What I did was back up my save file somewhere else just in case my current one gets corrupted. I totally agree with you that this bug has to addressed before many of the others as this will further damage the game's reputation and it would be such a shame especially for a game like this.

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Just a quick update, the save file bug has now been patched! 

Thank goodness, as I have been wanting to update my crafting ability and have been too scared about my save file going corrupt. 

On 12/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, Empire said:

List goes on and on and on doesn't it. This game is the most disgusted game so far to be released that has been delayed for so many times and once out it's still full of bugs and errors. So bad that they might as well take it off and refund everyone.  

I completely agree, I regret every dollar spent.😩

It's good the issue was finally patched. This game launch has been riddled with small bugs like this which should've been ironed out prior to launch really 😞 It is however a really enjoyable and game-changing game so it will be worth these little bugs in the long run! 

No idea what the patch has done to fix since I don't own or play the game. I even removed it off my wish list, that's how bad that I thought that game was. 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:26 AM, skyfire said:

rich with memory and HDD

I thought 32gb and 5TB storage was rich enough 😛