Register Now
Kane99

Phones made just for gaming

What are some phones that are solely made for gaming purposes? I wouldn't mind getting myself a Razer phone, but it's a bit pricey for me. It is something I'm looking for, a phone that is meant for gaming first, and a phone second. Do you guys know of any alternatives to the razer brand? I don't want to pay premium razer prices. If I can get something more on a budget, I'll be happy. 

Any suggestions? 

I'm just going to come out and say it right now - Gaming Phones are a gimmick. They have slightly overclocked processor for negligible performance and have all kinds of heating issues that you have to address with the accessories included with the device(some of them are so freaking big and clumsy). In addition to that, they don't have any Micro-SD Slots, No IP68 (dust and water resistance) and the cameras are usually very poor and did I mention that they're expensive? I'd say give the Redmagic a try because it's the only one around the $500-600 mark but it also has the same drawbacks.

I guess that's the thing, games aren't intensive on phones because phones can't really run them without turning into a nuclear reactor or the battery dying within a hour. If phones start being made that can facilitate "better" games than I imagine the hope is that games will be made for them, thus keeping the cycle going.

Not worth getting into gaming phones. 

On 12/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, skyfire said:

Blackshark from Xiaomi and And gaming phone from Asus. Those two are pretty strong models which you can't beat with any other phone in context of power and usage tests. 

The thing is that the advantages that both phones may have over the others is miniscule but the drawbacks are way worse than regular phones. Unless you are really a hardcore mobile gamer, it doesn't make sense getting any of these devices.

I know there was one that was straight up a gaming phone, but it lacked anything super special. Sure a bigger screen, better battery, and colors on the outside - but kind of makes little sense given how many real games there are for phones so far. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I'd definitely go for the blackshark if I had the budget. I am sure in near future the razer series of the laptop or the mobile. I also some of the time make sure to check the asus zenfone as it is good as well. 

You're in luck, here's the new Black Shark 4 Pro:

On 4/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, skyfire said:

Design is cool, isn't it? Especially that the heat part is taken care of and also the RAM and the default storage is pretty high too. 

They have accessories specifically built for that in the box so you have nothing to worry about really.