Register Now
Kane99

Why is it that Xbox never focuses on games first?

Let's be honest here, the Xbox exclusives lineup for the Xbox Series X and S aren't great. We got some exclusives incoming, but it seems like it's minimal compared to Sony and what they got going. Anyway, why is it that Xbox always has less exclusives? They buy up all of these studios, so why can't they get these studios to make exclusives? 

Idk, maybe I'm just not patient. I don't even own the new console yet, but I do worry that there is no point when you have such a small amount of exclusives incoming. What do you guys think?

Xbox is busy trying to do so many things at once. I mean Xpass Gaming Cloud and acquiring new businesses and studios to build their brand while PlayStation mainly focuses on their console and puts more time and effort into that. I can see that Xbox trying to gain a bigger foothold in the gaming industry in the long-term but we don't know if all this will pay off for them. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Xbox is busy trying to do so many things at once. I mean Xpass Gaming Cloud and acquiring new businesses and studios to build their brand while PlayStation mainly focuses on their console and puts more time and effort into that. I can see that Xbox trying to gain a bigger foothold in the gaming industry in the long-term but we don't know if all this will pay off for them. 

True. They have all these studios that could be releasing some new games. I think we need to start seeing some exclusives soon though. 

Anyway, I'm good with MS buying more studios, but I would like to see more games coming soon. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

True. They have all these studios that could be releasing some new games. I think we need to start seeing some exclusives soon though. 

Anyway, I'm good with MS buying more studios, but I would like to see more games coming soon. 

I totally agree because they have a tendency to make all these exclusives go to waste. If we compare the original Xbox exclusives to now, the number has shrank A LOT. I know that Fable is coming back and so is Halo but what about the rest like Mech Assault etc.?

On 12/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, killamch89 said:

I totally agree because they have a tendency to make all these exclusives go to waste. If we compare the original Xbox exclusives to now, the number has shrank A LOT. I know that Fable is coming back and so is Halo but what about the rest like Mech Assault etc.?

I believe if we just give them more time, they will be the current standard of Sony.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:22 AM, Peterlight said:

I believe if we just give them more time, they will be the current standard of Sony.

Not really - PlayStation focuses its energy on gaming and making the most of those experiences and that is why they currently are the industry leaders in the console industry. Xbox is always trying to be a media hub instead of focusing on gaming and the quality of their services suffer as a result.

Probably because so many people complain about the games to be honest. Most people constantly complain and say a game isn't good when in reality it's amazing. They just don't want to release something people won't like. However, I would hope they would come out with some more multiplayer shooter games - First person. Because they are in decline when it comes to that. 

I want more games like Halo fast-paced action shooters to release. 

On 6/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, TopSilver said:

Probably because so many people complain about the games to be honest. Most people constantly complain and say a game isn't good when in reality it's amazing. They just don't want to release something people won't like. However, I would hope they would come out with some more multiplayer shooter games - First person. Because they are in decline when it comes to that. 

I want more games like Halo fast-paced action shooters to release. 

Honestly the first showing of Halo Infinite was pretty poor compared to what they promised so of course people were going to complain. It was Microsoft who made all these outlandish claims prior to its reveal. Companies should promote their games honestly instead of going overboard with promises and then you won't have as many complaints.

The issue here is that Microsoft has never really focused on achieving a particular goal or working on a single aspect of their gaming company and building it to perfection.

Instead they have several different tasks they are working on at a time ,buying up other studios without waiting for a minute to think about how well they are going to incorporate this studios into theirs and give their game users the best quality games and release more exclusives.

Though they have some really good exclusives on Xbox at the moment but it is minimal compared to what Sony has.