Register Now
Kane99

Get to a point where games can be played in our heads?

Do you ever think we'll get to a point where video games can be played inside of your head? I believe we'll get somewhere at some point, where we can utilize our brains a lot more, maybe even to the point of recording our thoughts and ideas. Do you think we'll ever get to the point where games can be played inside of our brain somehow? Maybe I'm thinking too futuristic. 

6 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Do you ever think we'll get to a point where video games can be played inside of your head? I believe we'll get somewhere at some point, where we can utilize our brains a lot more, maybe even to the point of recording our thoughts and ideas. Do you think we'll ever get to the point where games can be played inside of our brain somehow? Maybe I'm thinking too futuristic. 

Are you talking about electrodes attached to our brain stem? If they ever get to the point where your brain can move a prosthetic arm, then yes the same can be to play a game. And I believe it's a possibility. That opens the door to cyborgs taking over as in Terminator. There is already medical implants that can alert authorities if you miss a dose of drugs. Add nanotechnology that can do who knows what on the cellular level; possibly carrying microscopic 'satellites' relaying messages throughout the brain to control bodily functions and thoughts. Who knows? In the Dark Ages they would of thought flying to the moon or communicating with someone instantly across the planet was witchery, alienation, or God resurrected. 

Yes and no. Just anything in the future where your brain can control the game. If it be via electrodes that's cool too. I sadly don't think we'll see anything like it in our lifetime, but maybe we'll see it at some point. 🙂

I got to thinking about that. I can’t think of a way for it to be possible to see or hear the thoughts in a brain and relay it on a computer screen. I think it is possible to mentally press buttons on a controller or pad wired to your brain, but to look at the screen of a game and mentally move the character w/o any sort of buttons connected to the brain is beyond reasoning that I can think of. And if we could, then forget about mentally playing a game, at that point we could read the minds of animals and other humans. I can see how we could cause the brain to make movements, create any function the brain does from a panel somewhere else, but to process an image in a person's mind onto a screen and vice versa instantaneously to play a game would be capable of mind reading too.  

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Are you talking about electrodes attached to our brain stem? If they ever get to the point where your brain can move a prosthetic arm, then yes the same can be to play a game. And I believe it's a possibility. That opens the door to cyborgs taking over as in Terminator. There is already medical implants that can alert authorities if you miss a dose of drugs. Add nanotechnology that can do who knows what on the cellular level; possibly carrying microscopic 'satellites' relaying messages throughout the brain to control bodily functions and thoughts. Who knows? In the Dark Ages they would of thought flying to the moon or communicating with someone instantly across the planet was witchery, alienation, or God resurrected. 

If I'm not mistaken, I think he means playing a game so many times to the point you could play the entire game blindfolded because you remember most things in-game. Personally, I could to an extent say I can do that with Skyrim as I've beaten it 100s of times.

We might be getting closer to this than I thought. From an article titled: Elon Musk says Neuralink implanted a chip in a monkey's brain, and now he 'can play video games using his mind' - From Insider

If true, this is pretty cool. But even so, I think seeing a monkey playing video games in itself is cool. I'd love to see one play with a controller and see how well they can do. But this is a step up, to be able to play with your mind, that would be cool. 

Not sure I'd want to instal a chip in my brain to play games. I guess it would have to be 99% successful in order for me to get a chip in my brain. What would you guys do? Would you instal a chip in your brain to control games with your brain? 

There's also an interview below if that is of interest to you.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it's closer than we know. Elon Musk's Neuralink has a wireless implant in a monkey's skull to play video games with its mind. 

Read here: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-neuralink-monkey-plays-video-games-using-his-mind-2021-2

That's definitely a nope from me - I like my brain just as it is and I don't want anyone else to be able to control it.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, Kane99 said:

Don't we all do that actually when playing? I think that personally I'd process the game play in my head first before actually playing it. 

If we ever start having a population of cyborgs, then a lot of people will play games in their heads. The rich will get all fancy like they do and have all kinds of brain implants. Many times their dreams will be upgrades while they sleep. They will play MMO in their heads against other rich tyrants and plot on taking over the world as games become real life. Then AI takes over. Most of the population will have some sort of mechanics in their bodies and their own arm will beat them. Their legs will force them into the water to drown. Their jaws refuse them food. Their metal plates in their head began crushing their skulls. Their eyes eject. Their hearts toy with them by rapidly beating or skipping 10 beats. All the while, doctors laugh because they knew this would happen. They just wanted your money. And they left a special implant in every model made. That is to obey the doctor's command. 

On 2/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it's closer than we know. Elon Musk's Neuralink has a wireless implant in a monkey's skull to play video games with its mind. 

Read here: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-neuralink-monkey-plays-video-games-using-his-mind-2021-2

That's really wired to me, in fact I'm definitely not going to be giving it a chance for myself because there is no guarantee how it will pan out. 

25 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If we ever start having a population of cyborgs, then a lot of people will play games in their heads. The rich will get all fancy like they do and have all kinds of brain implants. Many times their dreams will be upgrades while they sleep. They will play MMO in their heads against other rich tyrants and plot on taking over the world as games become real life. Then AI takes over. Most of the population will have some sort of mechanics in their bodies and their own arm will beat them. Their legs will force them into the water to drown. Their jaws refuse them food. Their metal plates in their head began crushing their skulls. Their eyes eject. Their hearts toy with them by rapidly beating or skipping 10 beats. All the while, doctors laugh because they knew this would happen. They just wanted your money. And they left a special implant in every model made. That is to obey the doctor's command. 

Then it's definitely going to get to the point where human beings are getting hacked like real. I don't even want to think about it 😖