Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming crafts or art you have made

@m76 mentioned making a figure of Abby from TLOU II in a thread about gaming merchandise we want, and I thought that sounds super amazing! I'd love to see it, if @m76 would like to share.

To everyone - what items have you crafted in association with the video games you love, if any? I'd love to see models, drawings, paintings, engravings, or anything else.

I took about 6-7 months to work on it when I was in my 20's and came up with a decent drawing of Squall's Gunblade. Typically I can't even draw a stick figure, so it took a hell of a lot of work. Literally several hours daily for those months and it still wasn't very good.

The stick figure was better.

5 hours ago, m76 said:

It's very rough since the model was created through 3D reconstruction aka. photogrammetry using screenshots from the model viewer. If I could get my hands on the actual models from the game it would be much better.

This is incredibly cool, especially considering your resources were limited. I'm so glad you shared the photos. Thank you!

On 12/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, m76 said:

It's very rough since the model was created through 3D reconstruction aka. photogrammetry using screenshots from the model viewer. If I could get my hands on the actual models from the game it would be much better.

a1.thumb.jpg.888995f936a7f57050a279cfb907485b.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Wow, this looks interesting and very captivating. I might try doing something like that but with clay if it's possible. 

55 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

I drew a picture of Thumper's car from Twisted Metal 2 in an old science notebook.  It was one dimensional, I don't know how to draw in more than one dimension.

Oh. You reminded me my school days. I used to draw many characters of the games that I played. Like super Mario and Nina turtles. But, after my college days, I never picked up drawing again. 😄

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I drew a picture of Thumper's car from Twisted Metal 2 in an old science notebook.  It was one dimensional, I don't know how to draw in more than one dimension.

I'm not really good at drawing, although I tried it multiple times when I was still a teenager trying to draw a movie but it never ended well. 

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Oh. You reminded me my school days. I used to draw many characters of the games that I played. Like super Mario and Nina turtles. But, after my college days, I never picked up drawing again. 😄

Yeah - I got into that too and it's not only game characters that I drew but also some of the movies characters that I liked. 

On 8/30/2021 at 11:02 PM, Family sedan said:

I was in community college when I drew Thumper's car and I usually paid more attention in that class.

Lol. 😆 That's what I too used to do. 

Well, you seem a big fan of cars, right? You played most of the racing games, have practical knowledge of various types of cars, and now even drawn images of it. ☺️

51 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. 😆 That's what I too used to do. 

Well, you seem a big fan of cars, right? You played most of the racing games, have practical knowledge of various types of cars, and now even drawn images of it. ☺️

It's actually a very big reflex with something ones loves very much. He'd easily picture up whatever that's related to the subject and put it forth in reality.