Register Now
Kane99

Sega Saturn

Is anyone here familiar with the Sega Saturn? It was the obscure console that came out before the Sega Dreamcast. It was their answer to the PS1, but sadly didn't sell all too well in the states. My dad ended up getting two used Sega Saturn's for just $37 back in the early/mid 2000s. I got Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, and a few other games with it. Sadly I sold the boxed up one to a Play n trade store years ago. I still have one of the Saturns and I have the virtual cop/fighter games. I even still have a couple of my lite guns for the console. Sadly, my controller for it is damaged, so I need to find a replacement if I ever want to replay it. 

But yeah, do you remember the Sega Saturn? I actually kind of liked it. Felt different then other consoles. 

I remember it well, but never had one of my own. Some cousins of mine were Sega fans instead of Nintendo, and had every Sega add on and Sega system that came out. Sega Saturn, Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear, Nomad, Dreamcast, all of it. I wasn't all that into it, mainly because I'm a Nintendo girl. But if memory serves me correct, they had a lot of issues with it. I don't remember all of them, but I remember them saying that the system ran really violently and scratched the discs a lot. They said their friends who had the system had the same issues. I think that was why it didn't sell all that well.

Yes - I used to own one. I had Sonic, Killer Instinct and the original Mortal Kombat on it. There was also Sega Rally and others - to be honest, that was such a long time ago though I don't really remember the rest.