Register Now
StaceyPowers

What kind of sim game would you like to see?

Are there any specific types of sim games you think would be cool, but do not to your knowledge exist? I know there are some coral reef/aquarium type sim games, but they seem really casual, and I think it would be cool if there were a super detailed one for maintaining a diverse coral reef habitat.

Medieval Ruler Dynasty Sim, that is more in depth and with castle building. A combo of Crusader Kings II, The Guild and Banished maybe. I'd love to be able to rule a royal family and create legacy, but CKII is not my thing anymore, I want more of a simulator type of game, that's more of like a cheese playing game than dynasty simulator.

I'd love to see a sim based on Dante's Inferno in the vein of Papers, Please or quite possibly Frostpunk wherein you're sorting damned souls for the sin they're most guilty of, or running your own Hell dimension. However it doesn't have to be as fantastical as that, as I'm enjoying PC Building Simulator, so maybe a guitar repair shop sim where I can diagnose instruments, add strings and customise them, while having a framework for how I'd do that IRL as a bass player.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:05 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Are there any specific types of sim games you think would be cool, but do not to your knowledge exist? I know there are some coral reef/aquarium type sim games, but they seem really casual, and I think it would be cool if there were a super detailed one for maintaining a diverse coral reef habitat.

Personally, I'd be open to getting more of anything like Flight Sim games because it's an interesting part of that game genre till date. 

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd love to see some kind of war sim where guerilla warfare is highly encouraged and you're not the hero nor will the npc automatically co-operate with you just because you came to save them. 

That's definitely going to be an exciting as well as an interesting introduction to the gaming world. The real question would be the best company to get its production right? 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd love to see some kind of war sim where guerilla warfare is highly encouraged and you're not the hero nor will the npc automatically co-operate with you just because you came to save them. 

That is surely a good idea. I remember, such scenario was with Battlefield Vietnam, where guerrilla fights were given the main focus. Obviously, that was not as you have explained, but at that time of 2000s, what we can expect more. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That is surely a good idea. I remember, such scenario was with Battlefield Vietnam, where guerrilla fights were given the main focus. Obviously, that was not as you have explained, but at that time of 2000s, what we can expect more. 

Seriously, that would be something they could make in a unique way that any gamer would enjoy to play. I'm looking at them having something with the touch of Franco-Prussian War developed. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Shole said:

Medieval Ruler Dynasty Sim, that is more in depth and with castle building. A combo of Crusader Kings II, The Guild and Banished maybe. I'd love to be able to rule a royal family and create legacy, but CKII is not my thing anymore, I want more of a simulator type of game, that's more of like a cheese playing game than dynasty simulator.

I believe something like the Ming Dynasty would be a good example of the Medieval Ruler Dynasty Sim that could be produced if possible. I'd like to explore that insight and dictate how the dynasty shine in its history. 

On 8/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, Heatman said:

That's definitely going to be an exciting as well as an interesting introduction to the gaming world. The real question would be the best company to get its production right? 

Honestly, that'd be a tough one lol. The only game of that nature I remember Capcom having was Socom and iit was great at the guerilla warfare elements. I'ts just that the game became very boring so I'm not sure.

19 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That makes a lot of sense given the Vietnam war.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly, that'd be a tough one lol. The only game of that nature I remember Capcom having was Socom and iit was great at the guerilla warfare elements. I'ts just that the game became very boring so I'm not sure.

Seriously, I have been racking my head up thinking about the best company to have make such game and it's only one company that comes to mind which is Square Enix. What do you think about them? 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, and that gaming tactics could be enhanced with time. But Battlefield more focused on future weapons and gameplay. Like using of high tech guns and missiles etc. They could have created a separate gameplay genre like you said, giving more thrust to guerrilla fights. 

12 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, and that gaming tactics could be enhanced with time. But Battlefield more focused on future weapons and gameplay. Like using of high tech guns and missiles etc. They could have created a separate gameplay genre like you said, giving more thrust to guerrilla fights. 

If they go too much with advanced weaponry, it's going to murder the true nature of how the guerrilla fights is presented in my opinion. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:34 PM, Heatman said:

If they go too much with advanced weaponry, it's going to murder the true nature of how the guerrilla fights is presented in my opinion. 

Guerrilla fight and face to face gunfight with latest weapons are both different categories. Guerrilla will suit in stealth games, where as if you like more of a action packed Games, you should consider the other one. Battlefield comes under that category.