Register Now
Kane99

The Workboy a keyboard for the Gameboy?

News came out recently about a keyboard that never came out for the Gameboy, that would actually let you use your Gameboy somewhat as a PC/PDA. Of course, it's far from a PC, but the idea worked. The device wasn't known by most as it was never officialy released, but it was recently found by someone. You can watch it in action below: 

I remember the keyboard. It was a limited release, and wasn't received well. It was kind of like the GameBoy camera and GameBoy printer. There were tons of other pointless and useless accessories, most that flopped selling less than 1000 units. Some that were proposed and never released. Such as the GameBoy sewing machine. Nintendo got ridiculous with that shit.

43 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I remember the keyboard. It was a limited release, and wasn't received well. It was kind of like the GameBoy camera and GameBoy printer. There were tons of other pointless and useless accessories, most that flopped selling less than 1000 units. Some that were proposed and never released. Such as the GameBoy sewing machine. Nintendo got ridiculous with that shit.

The thing is, it never released. It was an unreleased peripheral that was recently found by Liam Robertson, who I believe found it after talking to someone who was involved with the development of the device. The guy sent the device to him to test it out and everything. 

Either way, it's pretty cool. Because who would have expected a GameBoy to be used like a PDA back then.