Register Now
killamch89

CDPR faces 4 class action lawsuits

On 12/28/2020 at 3:50 AM, skyfire said:

I feel bad for them. I mean they did all fine after they refunded the money. I think people are just too much of using their social powers where it is not needed. Ironically people are not quick to file on microtransactions. 

The lawsuits are kind of fair in my opinion because they were misinformed by the CEO of CDPR about the status of the Cyberpunk 2077 and how much the investors will gain on their investment but the stock ended up taking a $1b loss thanks to this fiasco. We've seen other companies do this over and over but CDPR up until this point had been the single "good" triple A gaming company that never went down this route but the management at CDPR had to screw it up somehow.

They knowingly lied to consumers. They knew that the finished product was not a finished product (For last gen consoles) and still released it anyway. Only allowed the PC version to be reviewed, and had a blockage of review footage from being released until after the game released. 

They're making strides to fix things, but I think these lawsuits are fair, especially from the ones from investors and such, because this launch hurt them too. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The lawsuits are kind of fair in my opinion because they were misinformed by the CEO of CDPR about the status of the Cyberpunk 2077 and how much the investors will gain on their investment but the stock ended up taking a $1b loss thanks to this fiasco. We've seen other companies do this over and over but CDPR up until this point had been the single "good" triple A gaming company that never went down this route but the management at CDPR had to screw it up somehow.

I think they refunded the money and thats the end to be honest. there isn't much a company or solo developer can do about it. trying to put too many lawsuits on them just buries the developer studio. 

It is happening and we all know this will happen at some point. A guy who runs 3 game shops, selling mostly Retro, and he bought a thousand CyberPunk copies for each of his stores in the hopes it would make his store profits for the end of the year. He has had to give refunds and has thousands of copies he bought he is stuck with. Multiply his plight times every retailer who is experiencing this and you can see that CD Projekt Red is toast. You have injured parties everywhere.

HAHA- Funny how all the YouTubers that got early access said this was such a good game before it came out lol

On 1/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, Kane99 said:

More bad news for CDPR if true. Instead of starting a new topic, I decided to post the news here. According Game Rant, the first gameplay demo they showed off, was mostly faked. Game Rant has an article about it here - https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-fake-claim-devs/ 

Yeah I was going to mention the female voice actor thing but since you already did it, I have nothing to add...except that CDPR really went full Bethesda on their consumers.

This is ridicilous. I mean this is like choking the golden goose for laying 10 golden eggs instead of 11.

And the whole "oh but the demo was faked" issue is stupid. I mean if the game was in a finished and playable state in 2018 they'd have been releasing it not demoing it. Of course aspects of a rolling demo is rigged, there is nothing new there. The purpose of a demo is to show their vision of the game, not the 100% actual state of the game. But what they are aiming for.  This is like calling a concept art of an upcoming car "fake" because it doesn't show the real car before it was ever made.

The demo isn't the biggest issue here, it's just another problem added to the pile. It just shows that this studio lied to the consumers and continued to lie once the game was released. It's just establishing a track record of their lies. 

What gets me peeved about this whole situation, is the CDPR management. They literally threw the QA testers under the bus, saying that they didn't know the game was this broken. Bull shit! QA testers are tasked with finding every problem they can. CDPR is telling us that they didn't find any of the same bugs gamers did on day one? It's just lie after lie with this studio, and it's quite sad to see. 

If you want a full in depth view of how shit this launch was, I'd recommend reading through Jason Schreier's article at bloomberg below. Because it goes into detail as to why this launch was such a mess. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

On 1/20/2021 at 2:16 PM, Kane99 said:

The demo isn't the biggest issue here, it's just another problem added to the pile. It just shows that this studio lied to the consumers and continued to lie once the game was released. It's just establishing a track record of their lies. 

What gets me peeved about this whole situation, is the CDPR management. They literally threw the QA testers under the bus, saying that they didn't know the game was this broken. Bull shit! QA testers are tasked with finding every problem they can. CDPR is telling us that they didn't find any of the same bugs gamers did on day one? It's just lie after lie with this studio, and it's quite sad to see. 

If you want a full in depth view of how shit this launch was, I'd recommend reading through Jason Schreier's article at bloomberg below. Because it goes into detail as to why this launch was such a mess. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

We already knew that the game needed a few more years of development but their CEO thought otherwise apparently and that decision has screwed them over big time. 

On 1/20/2021 at 8:16 PM, Kane99 said:

A demo is not supposed to be 100% the same as the final product especially if it's years before release.

I doubt QA testers even got the time to test the latest version before release. It was a scramble. Gamers were already on edge due to covid sending death threats for the last delay, I don't think further delaying the game would've been the right move. Except on last gen.

Here we go again. Jason Schreier is a known zealot, out for the blood of every company who as much as just thought about overtime work. i wouldn't trust him if he was the last person on earth. He obviously has an agenda. I mean he literally pivots to talking about the overtime work in the first paragraph after the introduction. And he claims mismanagement and focusing on "marketing" instead of development, because they made a rolling demo in 2018. Yeah that's the cause of all the problems, for sure!

Then he goes on to prove that he has zero clue about game development thinking switching from fantasy to scifi is a cause for the game's problems. And then he just goes on to squirm about mandated paid overtime, which is a common practice in Eastern Europe and perfectly legal.

His so called anonymous sources are either fictional, or a bunch of low level QA snowflakes, who probably know less about management than some outsiders.

Edited by m76

2 hours ago, m76 said:

A demo is not supposed to be 100% the same as the final product especially if it's years before release.

I agree, the demo isn't the big issue here. But, it's going to be used against them because they've already been known to lie about the product. 

I doubt QA testers even got the time to test the latest version before release. It was a scramble. Gamers were already on edge due to covid sending death threats for the last delay, I don't think further delaying the game would've been the right move. Except on last gen.

And you know this how? They didn't need much time to see the problems last gen had though. And lets face it, the PC version isn't free of the same errors either. I've seen a lot of the same exact bugs in the PC version that I've seen in the last gen version. They knew this game wasn't finished, and they willingly shipped it out because they wanted that holiday money. 

As well, the whole "they did it because of death threats" is bs. This game clearly needed another delay, and a long one at that, and it would have been the best thing for them, considering they probably wouldn't be facing down 4 different lawsuits. They're getting way more hate now than they ever did after their last delay. 

Here we go again. Jason Schreier is a known zealot, out for the blood of every company who as much as just thought about overtime work. i wouldn't trust him if he was the last person on earth. He obviously has an agenda. I mean he literally pivots to talking about the overtime work in the first paragraph after the introduction. And he claims mismanagement and focusing on "marketing" instead of development, because they made a rolling demo in 2018. Yeah that's the cause of all the problems, for sure!

Then he goes on to prove that he has zero clue about game development thinking switching from fantasy to scifi is a cause for the game's problems. And then he just goes on to squirm about mandated paid overtime, which is a common practice in Eastern Europe and perfectly legal.

His so called anonymous sources are either fictional, or a bunch of low level QA snowflakes, who probably know less about management than some outsiders.

It doesn't prove he's wrong though. Sure he has to hide his sources, because the game industry is a fickle one, and it's easy to lose ones job in this industry. But I believe him considering CDPR management has gotten hate from even their dev team because of their lies. 

Switching themes can sometimes put a major halt on production though, especially if it's during mid-development and it's already established an idea. So you may think a change in theme is no big deal, but it can literally cause a project to restart from the beginning. So many games have went through this process, people develop the game, have a clear vision, and then someone comes in and decides to change it up a bit, or bring it back to the drawing board. So yeah, it can really cause problems with games, it has for a lot of games.  

Anyway, CDPR knowingly lied and released a product that wasn't completed. They knew what they were releasing, and did it anyway. There's no excuse on their part. They made their bed, and they have to sleep in it now. 

Edited by Kane99