Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that now seem funny to you that didn’t originally?

Pretty much any fighting game. They make me laugh these days. I remember as a kid that amongst gamers, your value was determined by how good you were at a fighting game. Typically Mortal Kombat. Sometimes Street Fighter II or Killer Instinct, but mostly MK. Now I look at these games and remember how dumb we all were as kids to base value and worth by skills at a video game.

Edited by The Blackangel

22 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

In another thread, @Shole mentioned that a game called Nightmare Creatures initially seemed really creepy, but years later, seems more funny than creepy.

What are some other games you have played that after aging a bit lost their original effect on you and now feel more funny than effective?

Just to show off a bit, this is one of the scenes from the game. It has great music as far I remember and it is really fun to play. But back then as a 12yo kid you can imagine my horror seeing this blue hulk/puge(warcraft III) coming at me.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think FIFA 98 is the funniest football game ever created. You can even faul the goalkeeper when he has the ball(it's an auto red card but still a fun way to show your frustration). You can download both games at https://www.myabandonware.com/ worked fine on windows 10 both.

I can't really remember the game's name now but if I remembered correctly, it's something that had to do with playing songs/ musical instruments in the game. I found it to be fun then but not sure if I would play such again.