Register Now
DC

Thank you and Happy New Year to our core members

There’s no beating around the bush; 2020 has been a tough year for most of us. But while we may be missing our local friends and family, we have a great online community here at VGR that has helped us all to feel connected, to share some laughs, and to get through the hard times. And that is thanks to the contributions of our wonderful members.

We appreciate every thoughtful post made by every member here. We cannot recognize everyone, but we want to give special thanks to the following core members for enriching VGR Forum.

@StaceyPowers As a VGR staff writer, we know you are busy, but you still find time to swing by and start new topics to keep the conversation going. We appreciate that.

@Kane99 You have started a lot of compelling threads since joining us. Your topics and your posts have led to many rich conversations, especially with respect to imagining future possibilities regarding consoles and games. Thank you for your consistent thoughtful posts.

@The Blackangel We’ve had the pleasure of having you here with us for more than two years now, making you one of our longest-standing core members. Thank you for adding your point of view and continuing to spark thoughtful dialogue.

@skyfireYou’ve been with us for almost two years now, and you have been one of our most consistent posters over all that time. We especially appreciate your regular Gaming News contributions, making sure our members never miss out on any exciting announcements.

@m76 Already, it is hard to believe you have only been with us a few months. In just that short span of time, you have become one of the most familiar posters here, always ready to engage your fellow members in thought-provoking conversation. We appreciate you becoming such a consistent poster.

@Reality vs Adventure You’re a member that has only been with us a few months, and has already become a core part of our community. Thank you for writing out so many detailed, thoughtful replies.

@Shagger You’ve been a fantastic contributor here for over a year, standing out for not only the quality of your posts, but also your fairness. To that end, we have been happy to call you our first moderator here on VGR Forum. Thank you very much for all of your hard work helping out our members and moderating our community!

@Crazycrab You’ve been called our resident “tech guru,” and it is a well-earned title. Not only that, but your posts are always detailed and insightful across a range of topics. For more than a year now, you’ve been one of our top contributors, so thank you for everything you bring to our forum.

@Withywarlock As one of our newer members, we are just getting to know you. But you have made it easy to do that by being such a solid contributor. We appreciate your eagerness to leap into the conversation, and look forward to getting to know you more.

@killamch89 Anytime a member has a question or needs help with something, you always seem to be ready with a response, even going out of your way to conduct research on behalf of other members. Thank you for always being so helpful.

Every one of you has been essential in making VGR Forum the welcoming community it is today with deep discussions on games, systems, and everyday life. We look forward to 2021 with you, and can’t wait to see what topics you create next.

There's one person who wasn't mentioned in the list.

@DC Thank you for creating and running a forum for gamers to come together and discuss all areas of gaming. From retro/classic gaming to current gen, mobile, and PC gaming. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. So many of us would be completely out of the loop on things if it wasn't for VGR and the work you do. Hell I personally wouldn't even know what the PS5 and Xbox X/S look like. Assuming I knew that they had been released. So many of us have been introduced to games we otherwise wouldn't have known about.

We have been able to broaden our horizons here at VGR. And it's thanks to you.

As @The Blackangel rightly says, you've done a cracking job getting us all registered and keeping the forum going. And I think everyone on the list is worthy of their name being there, though I'm rather surprised I made it given how new I am. Cheers, chum.

Happy New Year to everyone on VGR! Keep on keeping on. ^^