Register Now
The Blackangel

VGR app?

Browsers on mobile devices are alot better than they used to be and give full acess to the forum, so I personally wouldn't see the purpose of a VGR app unless it could do something else besides access and post of the forum. Still, anyone with an idea of how a VGR app would be a benefit, I think can speak for both myself and @DC when I say we'd love to hear suggestions. Any imput from somebody with experiance in the developmet of such software would be a great help.

Edited by Shagger

We have a mobile compatible theme so when you access the forum through your mobile device it should work quite smoothly. Apps are expensive and timely to create, maintain, and improve upon. Perhaps as the community grows larger but as mentioned, I really feel the mobile version of the forum is more than sufficient.

7 hours ago, DC said:

We have a mobile compatible theme so when you access the forum through your mobile device it should work quite smoothly. Apps are expensive and timely to create, maintain, and improve upon. Perhaps as the community grows larger but as mentioned, I really feel the mobile version of the forum is more than sufficient.

It's true. I do use it through my phone's browser and it's more than sufficient and maintaining apps are quite expensive...

This brings up another point I've been meaning to bring up. I have an issue with this forum on my phone that I don't understand. Almost every time that I come here, after a few minutes of reading posts my phone will start loading some new page either saying I've won some prize on Google, or that my phone is infected. Pressing the back button doesn't work so I have to close the window and come back. And it's only the VGR forum. Absolutely no other site online that I have been to or go to gives me this issue. My phone is not infected, that much I know for a fact.

@DC do you have any idea what's causing what I'm experiencing? I'm on another forum that's Invision, and don't have this problem there. It's ONLY here on the VGR forum.

Edited by The Blackangel

I haven't experienced this experience though it may have to do with the ads. What type of mobile phone and web browser are you using? Are you able to take a screenshot or provide the exact messaging next time this happens?