Register Now
Kane99

Flash is no more

On 1/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, Empire said:

It seems like and I feel like if flash would die at anytime, there would be multiple places to preserve it which is what is happening with some site now, but hard to keep it running if it's closed and not around. 

It's future is dead. there are some projects which may run it but I don't see that as long term plan for developers though. 

On 1/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, Shole said:

F in the chat bois, it is a sad day, but we can still play some of the flash games right? The support is only gone or am I wrong?

You can play as long as the plugin is supported in the browser. when browser removes it then the option is gone. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

You can play as long as the plugin is supported in the browser. when browser removes it then the option is gone. 

maybe that's where unpopular browsers should play smart, by keeping flash supported in their browsers, they will manage to bring people that are interested, which means more users

I imagine what will happen, is that someone will release their own version of flash. There's got to be someone out there making it, or maybe a browser just for flash. But the best guess would probably be for an extension for chrome and other browsers to support flash. Or, flash sites will just have to adapt to different platforms. 

52 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Good news for Linux users that might be interested 

It seems it won't go away after all 🙂 

Unfortunately I think it still lacks much of the full library, probably due to them not having fully ported some platforms.

I've actually got the Windows version of Flashpoint installed still and aside from a few bugs (the Flashpoint window in particular seems to get mouse clicks stuck when moving or resizing until a second click) but other than that the games seem to all work just fine. Might be simpler than running a VM while still getting all the games, though I'm sure there are other problems I haven't encountered yet.