Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games recommended to you a lot you still have not played?

The Last Of Us

People here have recommended it left and right, but I have never actually played it.

————————

Skyrim

I’m not sure if this really counts, but I have barely touched it. After escaping the dragon in the beginning, I may have an hour if time in the game. I’m in some town needing to talk to the jarl. Yet you guys talk about things in the game and I don’t have a damn clue you’re talking about. So for my severe ignorance and microscopic experience with the game, I think it qualifies for this thread.

Bioshock because @StaceyPowers and a few others keep talking about it but I've never really gotten around to playing it. Phasmaphobia was also recommended to me a lot especially recently but it's just not that appealing to me. Alien Isolation, Resident Evil 7, and Outlast 2 still provide me with plenty of scares when I need it. I have to procrastinate before I play any of the aforementioned games because of how freaking scary they are. Alien Isolation in particular is ridiculously scary because the Alien is invincible and is extremely intelligent so you have to constantly change up your approach to avoid them or just throw a noisemaker at other npcs and let the alien feast on them.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Bioshock because @StaceyPowers and a few others keep talking about it but I've never really gotten around to playing it. Phasmaphobia was also recommended to me a lot especially recently but it's just not that appealing to me. Alien Isolation, Resident Evil 7, and Outlast 2 still provide me with plenty of scares when I need it. I have to procrastinate before I play any of the aforementioned games because of how freaking scary they are. Alien Isolation in particular is ridiculously scary because the Alien is invincible and is extremely intelligent so you have to constantly change up your approach to avoid them or just throw a noisemaker at other npcs and let the alien feast on them.

I'm playing Alien Isolation with you! It's pretty good so far. I recently had my real first encounter with the alien and it stabbed me in the back running away. Its pincher was protruding right out the stomach. I ran 2 seconds before it got me. Well, at least I know this is the real deal now and not some shoot em up. How is that Outlast? I haven't played any of those and it is actually for sale at the playstation store. At least 1 and 2 is. 

1 minute ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm playing Alien Isolation with you! It's pretty good so far. I recently had my real first encounter with the alien and it stabbed me in the back running away. Its pincher was protruding right out the stomach. I ran 2 seconds before it got me. Well, at least I know this is the real deal now and not some shoot em up. How is that Outlast? I haven't played any of those and it is actually for sale at the playstation store. At least 1 and 2 is. 

I'd say that Outlast is more bloody and gory and some of the imagery (ambience and monsters) is absolutely terrifying like something out of a horror film - I highly recommend getting both games.. As for Alien isolation, the best tactic is to use things like flashbang and noisemakers and throw it where the npcs are and use them as a distraction. The thing that makes Alien Isolation is that the Alien learns how you play and adapts accordingly so if you like to hide in lockers, it'll start to search every locker in the area and if stay in one spot too long it'll eventually find you.

My girl is telling me to stay away from TLOU due to one of the creatures in it. I have a crippling trypophobia. Anything with holes or lumps that look like holes will send me into full blown panic attacks for the next couple days. Even thinking about it can trigger a panic attack.

I don't think there is any game on the menu right now, that people have recommended to me that I haven'T tried yet. I heard murmurs about Ghost of Tsutsima and Death Stranding, but I'm not convinced about either.

So far i have a mostly negative track record with recommendations.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My girl is telling me to stay away from TLOU due to one of the creatures in it. I have a crippling trypophobia. Anything with holes or lumps that look like holes will send me into full blown panic attacks for the next couple days. Even thinking about it can trigger a panic attack.

OMG: I looked it up. Why? Why did you have to corrupt my head? Now I have to repress this memory. 

On 1/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, Patrik said:

Half life series, left4dead, Portal, Postal series, Saints Row.

These games are pretty much everywhere and known to be legendary games but i just never wanted to play team, but i think i will be giving half life a try sooner

Yes! Join us and give away your soul mwhahahaha! *coughs* I mean it isn't that bad...

On 1/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, The Blackangel said:

The Last Of Us is something you should definitely give a try. It's one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game - very gripping and you just can't pull yourself away. I recommend it all day long.

On 1/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, m76 said:

I don't think there is any game on the menu right now, that people have recommended to me that I haven'T tried yet. I heard murmurs about Ghost of Tsutsima and Death Stranding, but I'm not convinced about either.

So far i have a mostly negative track record with recommendations.

I wouldn't say that Death Stranding is a total disappointment but it felt like Kojima really went overboard in the creativity aspect. So much so that the game is extremely bizarre and the story is still very complicated to me.