Register Now
Patrik

Games that were a total waste of money for you

42 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Games that you regret buying or ended up refunding, for me, it was Hitman Blood Money, the game was completely based on stealth that i stopped playing due to the massive replaying attempts lol

I love Blood Money. It's one of my favorite games. You didn't like it because the stealth? Stealth is the suggested way to play of course, but you're free to play however you want. Either guns ablazin, stealthy and murderous, or just stealthy. 

The big thing with Hitman, is that you're meant to only take out the main targets, killing innocent people or non targets, will lower your stealth rating. That is partly the fun in it, as it makes it a challenge to get through guards. Of course there are measures you can take. But, if stealth isn't your thing, I understand. 

As for games I wasted money on, I'd say WCW Mayhem for the PS1. I remember getting it with my birthday money one year, and remember liking it for a while, but then I started to realize I wouldn't be enjoying it much longer. As well, the first copy of the game I got, wasn't playing right, so I had to return it. 

Thinking it was the problems, I hope the game would be better, but it was not. The problem we had was gone, but it didn't fix the fact that the game just wasn't good. 

Unfortunately I have a lot of this

Prey (the 2017 reboot)

This game was praised to high heavens, but it was just a system shock / Bioshock clone, that felt very boring to me

Rage 2 (2019)

I loved Mad Max, and this game has the same concept, the only difference being the perspective, and it was even developed by the same developer. Yet I had to toss it away after half an hour it was so bad, soulless, frustrating, monotonous.

Far Cry New Dawn (2019)

I liked Far Cry 5 well enough on a superficial gameplay level, I expected this to be more of the same. I was so wrong. They ruined it with mechanics from the Divisoin, tiered weapons and enemies, and a ton of grind for resources to upgrade a settlement it was all a circle jerk of pointlessness.

Ace Combat 7 Skies unknown (2019)

I wanted a good arcade flying game for ages, so when this came out I jumped on it immediately. Only to realize that it is not compatible with standard flight sticks. A flying game that can only be played with a few select and expensive controllers. What a joke. I wasn't going to buy a new joystick just for one game. So I tossed it.

Mafia 3 (2016)

I didn't realize what a terrible untalented developer Hangar 13 is. A boring, repetitive, and uninspired game.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (2017)

The single worst game I ever bought period. At least it made for a funny article on my blog.

There are a bunch of other games that I bought and somehow never got around to playing much, I didn't outright hate them, just didn't find them interesting or special enough to spend more time with, but in these cases I don't blame the games it's probably 50% me, 50% the games fault that I didn't get my money's worth from them.

Edited by m76

26 minutes ago, m76 said:

Mafia 3 (2016)

I didn't realize what a terrible untalented developer Hangar 13 is. A boring, repetitive, and uninspired game.

I gotta agree about this one, the game seems like it doesn't belong to Mafia series at all, they simply destroyed it...

55 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I love Blood Money. It's one of my favorite games. You didn't like it because the stealth? Stealth is the suggested way to play of course, but you're free to play however you want. Either guns ablazin, stealthy and murderous, or just stealthy

The game is completely fine, i just hate repeating the same level again and again 😛

The Rocketeer on both NES and SNES. This game was just a broken mess. The beginning is like a flight simulator without having any gauges to read, yet being required to fly a plane correctly for several laps, maintaining speed, altitude, and a bunch of other horseshit.

Another that was a waste of money for me was Witcher 3. I have nothing bad to say against the game. I just can't get into it. I've tried several times, and no matter what I do, I just can not get into the game. I know there are people here who love it, and more power to you. I'm sure there are games I love that a lot of people here can't get into. Zelda BOTW was another game I can't get into, not to mention all the Zelda entries on Wii. And Zelda has been my favorite series since I was a child.

Realm Royale really ripped off their community... It was such a great game, amazing in game purchases until the end of 2019 where they really said Fuck you. I probly wasted about $50 on them.

Diablo 3  was a huge bust and I honestly preorder the battle chest just because I was a huge D2 fan and still play D2... Just shows where the creators stands with the community.

26 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Another that was a waste of money for me was Witcher 3. I have nothing bad to say against the game.

It's completely normal bro, you don't have to love a game just because lot of people do, it's a matter of opinion and preference.

24 minutes ago, Dotgician said:

Realm Royale really ripped off their community... It was such a great game, amazing in game purchases until the end of 2019 where they really said Fuck you. I probly wasted about $50 on them.

Diablo 3  was a huge bust and I honestly preorder the battle chest just because I was a huge D2 fan and still play D2... Just shows where the creators stands with the community.

I agree about Realm Royale, it was such a funny game and a decent alternative for Fortnite

Ladies and gentlemen - I have waited for this moment since 2016 and my pick is Star Wars Battlefront (2016). Let's start with the fact that I pre-ordered the game for $60. The game looked good visually but that was it. The gameplay is boring or uninspiring, the combat is repetitive and sometimes glitchy and it was a general shitshow. I was burned so bad by this game that I never pre-ordered anything ever again!

Seriously, I can't hate myself anymore for wasting my time and money on getting as well as actually playing The Order: 1886. Yes, it's a game where you're posed as a knight and kill both vampires and werewolves but it's something that you can complete in give or take 5 hours of gameplay.