Register Now
StaceyPowers

What percentage of your games are new vs. used?

The vast majority of my physical games are used. Mainly because it's not very common to see a brand new NES/SNES/N64 game these days. Obviously the games I have that are DDL can't really be counted. I would think the only games that I have that are new would be a few of my PS4 and Xbox One games. And I can probably count them on my fingers.

Edited by The Blackangel

For my ps3 I get used, for the ps4 I got all new. I don't feel like looking at pics to see if disc is good anymore. And most sellers don't show pics of used disc. I buy online; maybe it's different at GameStop or somewhere you can physically see it. For me, spending an extra few bucks is better than a long drive or dorito disc. 

Got all of my Disks and Digital games new, i really needed that as Disks were easy to scratch, so buying them used doesn't guarantee me a decent experience, and when it comes to Digital games, i prefer also new as it's not easy to trust people online

All of my physical games are used, barring perhaps one or two such as a black label copy of Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer which is falling to pieces, having been lovingly played for over two decades now. But they make up a small percentage of the total games I own, like, less than 5% if we're going by a previous thread where I'd shown my Steam library of over 1700 games, thereabouts. In my life though, used games probably take up a much higher number as they've come and gone numerous times.

I got one or two games used for the PS3 and PS2, but everything I bought in the last five years was new. I don't have any used games currently as I've sold my game collection with the consoles.

Well most of my current collection of games was from getting them used at places. I got many from trading sites, and many from online stores used. I also have purchased a lot of them from thrift stores. In the past I would say my collection is made up of games I bought new, but I sold a lot of those games off and I had to rebuild by getting a lot of used games.