Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

PS4 shutting down in rest mode

Playstation support says it's an internal problem so gonna ship it off to them to fix. So in case you get the same problem, hope it is still under warranty. Mine is fairly new so still has manufacture warranty. But I have my back up ps4 with my fav games on it. My games I downloaded from the store, can I re-download those games on another system? Or will they be gone for good? 

Got my system back today and seems to be fine. Everything is back to factory settings. Glad I saved all my stuff, cause I have to reinstall everything. And since my wifi is slow, it's gonna take 2-3 days for each game and update. RDR2 itself will take about a week. I'm thinking of just putting my downloadable games I bought, which is only a few, and large gb games on this system. It just isn't a trustworthy system anymore. Thanks playstation for fixing it, and sorry my trust is sketchy after only a year and a half playing it. But they honored its warranty and so far it works. And I will always update here if any other problem happens. 

On 1/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Got my system back today and seems to be fine. Everything is back to factory settings. Glad I saved all my stuff, cause I have to reinstall everything. And since my wifi is slow, it's gonna take 2-3 days for each game and update. RDR2 itself will take about a week. I'm thinking of just putting my downloadable games I bought, which is only a few, and large gb games on this system. It just isn't a trustworthy system anymore. Thanks playstation for fixing it, and sorry my trust is sketchy after only a year and a half playing it. But they honored its warranty and so far it works. And I will always update here if any other problem happens. 

It was definitely a system problem from the way that you had explained it from the beginning. I'm glad that you didn't lose your files and have the console working well now.