Register Now
Cumulus

In-App Purchases in Games?

As a mobile gamer, in-app purchases are plentiful, and present in most major games. Do you endorse their inclusion in games and do you ever use them to upgrade your gaming experience? 

Or do you frown upon them and refuse to purchase to play? 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, Shagger said:

The "freemiun" platform needs to fuck off and die. End of discussion. 

I totally agree with that.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:53 AM, skyfire said:

I prefer pure paid or pure free. Anything in between is just churning leech. I think pure paid is decent approach because you know there is nothing more to deal with. we need to bring back that world.

The mobile market has become a cesspool of microtransaction activity and I know microtransactions have found its way into many other sectors but the mobile market is ridiculously saturated with these freemium apps.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:43 AM, killamch89 said:

The mobile market has become a cesspool of microtransaction activity and I know microtransactions have found its way into many other sectors but the mobile market is ridiculously saturated with these freemium apps.

Yeah indeed. I don't mind paying up front but buy gun inside the game, buy character and play. that sort of the experience worst. I think Paid and in transaction is kind of worst thing that happened in gaming. 

What's annoying is that some games are free but mostly based on purchasable stats, that what pushed me to stop playing Asphalt Airborne, the game was so much fun till they decided to update it and make coins impossible to earn without paying for them ( they basically increased the cars prices and other items as well ...)

I understand some of them, but others are painful to see people buy. A lot of the time I think they are valid unless they seriously change the gameplay (ex; give you more powers, special items, etc.) that you wouldn't get otherwise.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:37 AM, Shagger said:

The "freemiun" platform needs to fuck off and die. End of discussion. 

I so agree with this statement if I was a bit drunk I'd tattoo it on my forehead. I hate, absolutely hate those kind of games.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:02 AM, skyfire said:

Worst games are those where you are being told that you should churn and pay for the character which is strong for the game, buy and play it. well that is pretty disturbing in games.

What about those games that limit you at every turn and force you to pay for everything. The worse P2W games I've seen are all on mobile platforms.

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

What about in-app purchases, like buying the game outrightly from Google or Apple store?

I do manage upgrade when it comes to mind, or when it enticed me to do, and not all time. 

The most aggressive microtransaction systems I've seen are always on mobile platforms. The worst part about it is that it doesn't get anywhere near the same kind of attention as games on consoles or PC.