Register Now
Cumulus

In-App Purchases in Games?

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Fortnite have approximately 1290 as of last month March 2022 and not 1270. Where did the last 20 skins went to? To the moon 🎑? 

But in all honesty, it's too much what they are pushing gamers to pay for in their games. 

Lol, they've gone to heaven man. It's kinda weird for the skins, because it makes us paying money to have them. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Fortnite have approximately 1290 as of last month March 2022 and not 1270. Where did the last 20 skins went to? To the moon 🎑? 

But in all honesty, it's too much what they are pushing gamers to pay for in their games. 

Even with that number of skins that's already available in both games, they are not ending with making more. If it's possible for them to force gamers to buy before playing, they will do it in a heartbeat. 

I can't remember the last time I spent some money on a game. I know I bought the battle royale like pass in Clash Royale for about a month or two but that was when the pass was actually worth it and gave you quite a lot of things in-game. But they made it worse because I presume they were losing money from it so I stopped buying it. Other than that, I haven't touched in-app purchases.

23 minutes ago, Darth said:

I can't remember the last time I spent some money on a game. I know I bought the battle royale like pass in Clash Royale for about a month or two but that was when the pass was actually worth it and gave you quite a lot of things in-game. But they made it worse because I presume they were losing money from it so I stopped buying it. Other than that, I haven't touched in-app purchases.

Just like you know when to say enough to their bullshit when it's very obvious they are reaping you off is something that most gamers need to learn how to do. 

2 hours ago, Darth said:

Most of the in game app purchases isn't worth it now. All these cosmetics items wouldn't make much difference. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Most of the in game app purchases isn't worth it now. All these cosmetics items wouldn't make much difference. 

Honestly, only weapons upgrades is the last thing that I would be open to getting because they are very important to my progress. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Honestly, only weapons upgrades is the last thing that I would be open to getting because they are very important to my progress. 

When you get to abuse your upgrades with excessive in game app purchases, it ruins the whole thing about playing fair and square in the game. 

Cosmetic items aren't too bad if you're a massive fan of the game, to be fair. For example, with Fortnite, they always release special skins in partnership with movies, TV shows, and celebrities so if you're a massive fan, it might be worth getting that skin and playing as that character in-game.

23 hours ago, Darth said:

Cosmetic items aren't too bad if you're a massive fan of the game, to be fair. For example, with Fortnite, they always release special skins in partnership with movies, TV shows, and celebrities so if you're a massive fan, it might be worth getting that skin and playing as that character in-game.

I think that they are even taking it to footballers recently and it's a massive pull for them. 

Yeah, I think I saw something about players like Reus and Kane being in the game during the international matches a little while ago. It works so well because they have so much freedom to choose and add whatever character skins they want. And these companies that own the rights to the skins/players/characters will never say no because of the money.

18 minutes ago, Darth said:

Yeah, I think I saw something about players like Reus and Kane being in the game during the international matches a little while ago. It works so well because they have so much freedom to choose and add whatever character skins they want. And these companies that own the rights to the skins/players/characters will never say no because of the money.

Even the PSG player Neymar is also amongst the footballers they have got into deals with the game and it's quite impressive how they have been going about it. 

18 hours ago, Darth said:

Toni Kross is one my favorite footballers. I'd like to have his skin made available in Fortnite. I'd get it immediately once it's out. 

It might be a while before you see Kroos in the game unfortunately. I think he has previously said that he found the Fortnite celebrations in real life childish when some players did it after scoring. So I would assume he's not a fan of the game lol